My first trip to Chicago (pic heavy)

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I made a trek to Chicago for the first time last week to visit family. Had a great time, and the city is much easier to navigate than I was expecting (using Los Angeles as a reference point lol).

It also gave me a chance to try out a plethora of new lenses that I bought specifically for this trip. Funny enough, however, most of my favorite photos were taken with my iPhone.

_DSC1768.jpg

_DSC1793.jpg

3. Obligatory building shot.
_DSC1982.jpg

4. Chinatown
_DSC2030.jpg

_DSC2025.jpg

6. I asked my aunt, who speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese, and a bunch of other languages/dialects, what this shrine was. She said it was shrine to what would be considered the earth god.
_DSC2027.jpg

7. My cousin's pup had to get stitches on her eye, and she had to wear the cone of shame to keep her from pulling them out lol.
_DSC1851.jpg

8. View from the metro heading into the city.
IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

10. My uncle's pup, Puddles. He's a cuddly sausage.
IMG_3621.jpg

10. An iPhone panorama from the bay while on an architecture tour. Came out better than I expected.
IMG_3551.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shots. Did you try HDR for #3? Liked some of the symmertrical compositions

Very nice set. Looks like you got around quite a bit. Nice work!

Although I haven't been there, I'd say you gave a good representation of the city. I think there are some really good photos there also.

Some nice stuff in that set!

Thank you.

Nice shots. Did you try HDR for #3? Liked some of the symmertrical compositions

Thank you. And nah, I'm not a big HDR person. I really wanted to try for a contrast-y urban look on the city shots.

Very nice set. Looks like you got around quite a bit. Nice work!

Thanks. Yeah, I tried to take the train as much as possible, but where I was staying was in the suburbs. I spent an uncomfortable amount on Uber lol. I did see a little bit of every part of the city, though, so it was worth it.

Although I haven't been there, I'd say you gave a good representation of the city. I think there are some really good photos there also.

Thank you. It's probably the first big city I've been to that is aesthetically interesting and, in some areas, beautiful. Cities in SoCal aren't quite as vertical or dense as downtown Chicago is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back