My first wedding consultation....

No wedding advice, but a tip for your website: I'd change the first image that appears on the homepage slideshow. It does nothing to your advantage. IMHO, if I were a potential client, that image alone would stop me from inquiring further.

The couple at the bar? That's her best shot. Keep it. In fact it looks so much better than the rest I almost wondered if that image was lifted.

I say go for it. They know what your portfolio looks like. What do you have to lose?

Last edited:
First, weddings are hard! It's a lot of responsibility! If you screw it up... There are no do overs! I agree with those that suggest second shooting. It's way more fun, little to no pressure and a good way to get experience with different lighting and other situations.
Second, Know your equipment inside out!!!! There is no time to fumble with settings etc.
Third, be HONEST! About your lack of skills, your lack of insurance, etc.... Don't pretend you have lots of experience if you don't. There are some awesome clients out there who are willing to risk it and have faith in you as long as you ate honest.i got first wedding because the bride loved my other work. My natural, clean style appealed to her and she fell in love with a photo I had of a model in a sunflower field. I was honest about my experience only bring a second shooter and gave them an awesome deal. I got insurance, hired a second shooter that I knew was awesome with group shots ( my weakness) and did a great job. From there I charged more and more until I was actually making money!

Good luck and enjoy your first time :)

Oh and don't think just cause your camera says it can go to 12,000 ISo that it's a good idea. Your pics will look like **** printed if u do!

Interested to hear how the shoot turns out...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back