@11: angle is good; tilt justified; but grains spoilt the image
@12: this is not a good angle for a father-daughter combination
@13: you should not have posted this here; sorry
@14: This is a very good still image
@15: You should not have posted this; sorry
@16: Some body has clearly pointed out; the eyes are led to nowhere

You can improve very much by regular practice; regards
@7:

Wow. okay i did this as a favor. A FAVOR! My friends said they loved it. so idk why everyone is hating on this shoot. I know for sure that the pics came out pretty whack because i had to do A LOT of editing. especially because almost half of the pics came out under exposed. i hate weddings and understand why everyone on here kept saying that weddings are the most stressful types of photo shoots.

I really don't care about the criticism on how my pictures were shot at all the wrong angles. I am of the younger generation and wanted the pics to look more NON-TRADITIONAL.. I HATE when things looks BORING or OLD

I KNOW for a fact that i shouldve read MORE posts on here and took notes before shooting the weeding. but THANK YOU ALL for putting in your own thoughts and critiques in... The prints came out really nice and my friends were satisfied on what they got. Especially for the fact that they wanted to SAVE money.

n sorry for those critical mofo's. I AINT A PRO remember. it was my FIRST WEDDING! at least i know what to expect next time. if there ever will be a next time lol

Look at it this way, your first wedding is in the books. its a part of history. Now you can focus on the mistakes that were make and improve from there. The way i see it, your ahead of me, ive never shot a wedding (not yet). Dont throw away the pics keep them so when you improve you can look back and see where you started.

Wow. okay i did this as a favor. A FAVOR! My friends said they loved it. so idk why everyone is hating on this shoot. I know for sure that the pics came out pretty whack because i had to do A LOT of editing. especially because almost half of the pics came out under exposed. i hate weddings and understand why everyone on here kept saying that weddings are the most stressful types of photo shoots.

I really don't care about the criticism on how my pictures were shot at all the wrong angles. I am of the younger generation and wanted the pics to look more NON-TRADITIONAL.. I HATE when things looks BORING or OLD

I KNOW for a fact that i shouldve read MORE posts on here and took notes before shooting the weeding. but THANK YOU ALL for putting in your own thoughts and critiques in... The prints came out really nice and my friends were satisfied on what they got. Especially for the fact that they wanted to SAVE money.

n sorry for those critical mofo's. I AINT A PRO remember. it was my FIRST WEDDING! at least i know what to expect next time. if there ever will be a next time lol

you asked for criticism so they gave it. take it and learn from it. people are being critical because its a wedding, not just something you can go "oh hey i goofed up on this set, can we retake the shots" its a one shot chance to capture the moment and it can't ever be recreated. these were friends so you got lucky. but if it was a paying customer things could have gone allot worse.

i hate weddings and understand why everyone on here kept saying that weddings are the most stressful types of photo shoots.

Yet you have this listed on your website

It is not what you want, it is your client's day

You may have saved them some money, and helped them to be able to remember their big day. That is what friends do.
But...I looked at the other pictures on your site. You do have a ways to go...

Again, your website makes it sound like you are. It is somewhat misleading

Take what people will give you. Free advice for beginners is pretty cool, although it may hurt your ego, your ego is young and you will rebound to thank them later once you have learned more.

Good luck and work hard

I thought some of the comments were useful, in fact the most insightful item I read was get the money shots into the bank and then go artistic. I agree with you Boring and Old is lets lets call it, Boring and Old. Many, many people are enjoying the angular shots and I like you stepped out of the zone and went after it. :thumbup:

As a generalisation i feel...

Comments and criticism must be creative and supportive

They must not cause deep hurts to such levels that people hate this great art form

There can be humour, but never humiliating sarcasm

Regards

PP version
6xb1uu

I may have gone too warm on this one.

PP version
chcd5i

example10.jpg

example20.jpg

Hi.

Photoshop effects in over-abundance are evil. Sometimes a good levels-adjustment is all you need :mrgreen:

I love these. The second one holds so much emotion! I also love the tones in the 15th & 16th. Great job!

Hey Ray. They are pretty good for a first wedding esp if you are new to photography, and not a guy who has been doing lanscape photography. Just keep shooting in your spare time and keep pushing your comfort zone. Dont get lax, keep thinking the whole time, "what shot can i get next?" There are so many people out there who cant afford 2k-7k for a photographer, and you will be getting those folks, then you'll get better equipment and a better sense of your strong and weak points and keep moving. P.s. Dont take the C&C too hard. Some of these dudes with the harsh tongues were shooting when your dad was still working up the nerve to ask your mom out, now arthritis is setting in and it makes doing what they love painful, and they beat the noobs with sharp tongues kept in feeble bodies :)

Hey Ray. They are pretty good for a first wedding esp if you are new to photography, and not a guy who has been doing lanscape photography. Just keep shooting in your spare time and keep pushing your comfort zone. Dont get lax, keep thinking the whole time, "what shot can i get next?" There are so many people out there who cant afford 2k-7k for a photographer, and you will be getting those folks, then you'll get better equipment and a better sense of your strong and weak points and keep moving. P.s. Dont take the C&C too hard. Some of these dudes with the harsh tongues were shooting when your dad was still working up the nerve to ask your mom out, now arthritis is setting in and it makes doing what they love painful, and they beat the noobs with sharp tongues kept in feeble bodies :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement :mrgreen: means a lot. at least someone understands where im coming from. Thank you!:thumbup:

Photoshop effects in over-abundance are evil. Sometimes a good levels-adjustment is all you need :mrgreen:

I wouldn't consider any of the edits "effects". Everything done was to address issues with exposure, sharpness and colour cast. Sorry, but your curve adjustment is not getting the job done.

Is he a good friend?

I seriously, seriously hope you weren't paid for this. And do NOT say that "well, they were happy with the images", that means crap. Hopefully you'll take this as a serious learning experience and your friend had some actual competent person taking real shots of them.

I agree, but take this with a grain of salt. Any first wedding is a challenge and you will probably look back on it and grimace. My advice is that if you want to get into wedding photography, find a photographer who would be will to taking you on as a second shooter, but ask if you can be their assistant, and be just that. If they need help carrying their equipment, do that, and then take photos when asked. That's my 2 cents.

I wouldn't consider any of the edits "effects". Everything done was to address issues with exposure, sharpness and colour cast. Sorry, but your curve adjustment is not getting the job done.

I think his adjustments look much better than yours.. Yours made the pictures come out with weird shadowing and over sharpening.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back