My first week with the X-T3

I liked the 2nd video too. Adding in the timelapse and the scenery of what you plan on shooting helps orientate the viewer. The human side was a nice touch!

Thanks! Anything you think I could improve on?

I watched the first video again and the X-T2 does have the live view highlight alert option. Turned that on! Viewing photos via the viewfinder is great outside. Thanks for both tips! I did google the DOF zone focusing and found an indepth article. I am not a landscaper so not sure if I will use that, but thanks to your video I learned 3 things.

I watched the 2nd one again. You asked for any improvements. As to content, who is your audience? If geared to a newbie landscaper then maybe a why you used a shutter cable or timer, how you set up the DOF zone focusing, filters explanation. You could make videos on the last 2 and refer your viewers to previous videos that explain the process.

From a video editing standpoint, I thought both videos moved right along and wasn't all talking head shots. The 2nd video intro was 19 seconds long. I enjoyed that part of the video, but you need to jump right into the content before the viewer decides to stop watching. The first video intro was 8 seconds. I would try for 5 to 8 seconds. Does YT give you stats that show when viewers stopped watching? If not, you may want to post videos on Vimeo too. A Plus account isn't that much a year which gives you stats. I don't know how long the videos should be to keep interest. I guess it depends on the subject. I would add to the descriptions on the videos' pages. For me personally, when I am researching video blogs or tuts I read the description to see if I want to invest my time. I watched a ton of tuts on YT that some do not explain what I thought they would explain and I have wasted 15 or 20 minutes. Not just camera videos, but my editing programs especially After Effects & Photoshop.

Good luck and I see that you already have YT subscribers.

Thank you for the tips, I appreciate it. And I’m glad I was able to teach you a couple things!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back