My friend Evelyn

EJKelehan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ejkelehan.daportfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was hoping some of you could look at/critique this portrait, I am 15 years old, and got a DSLR a year ago, a Nikon D40.

Evelyn_004_by_ejkelehan.jpg

Evelyn-004-144302041

Last edited:
take it easy on the tilt a bit, i like the low angle and the exposure.
subject is cute. and the colors are fab. you did an excellent job!
your family and friends will ask you to photograph their events, watch out :)

I don't like the colors, I hope the girl isn't in liver failure. I don't like the camera angle, shooting down->up is a bit tricky and dangerous b/c if you have a model of heavy set you'll get double/triple chins and NO1 wants to see their imperfections. Safer route is shooting up->down.
I do like the triangle on her right made of trees, I do like the fact that there's a tree NOT growing out of her head (the one that is by her right shoulder). Her right hand is cut off - don't cut limbs, it isn't nice or polite :).
You did fill the frame, which is nice and either on purpose or accidentally you left enough space for 4x6, 4x5 and 5x7 crops - this is something not a lot of people can do or actually DO do :)
keep shooting and improving

Much thanks, the colors were just an experiment, i also have a B&W version, and the full color obviously. The angles were also experimental, thanks for sharing your opinions, and trust me, the requests are piling up :) the crops were a bit of both, i was thinking towards her liking some nice prints.
thanks again for the critique
-Eli

Most reactions

New Topics

Back