My friend Linc (Warning.. Hawk eating lunch) Part 1

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the forth time I have shot this juvenile Coopers Hawk, I always find it on the "Linc" highway, hence the name. I was so lucky to see it catch and eat 2 mice this afternoon.

DSC_3865e0337websize.jpg

DSC_3879e0339websize.jpg

DSC_3880e0340websize.jpg

DSC_3881e0341websize.jpg

DSC_3884e0342websize.jpg

DSC_3885e0343websize.jpg

DSC_3895e0345websize.jpg

DSC_3909e0346websize.jpg

DSC_3921e0347websize.jpg

10 Burp!!
DSC_3925e0361websize.jpg

Thanks for looking!

HOly cow... brilliant photography Ray. !!!!

beautiful shots Ray, I wish i had these kinds of opportunities.

thanks guys, I am just lucky sometimes.. one day, I will drive into a bus.. I never have my eyes on the road!! I hope to hit some trails tomorrow, if I have time before I meet Airic at the Falls.

You find this one out in the WILD!?!?!?!?!?

Have you seen my buzzard pics? And what I get to see?
How on earth do you get this close?
Where do you park your car, do you hide? Do you spend hours in the same spot waiting for scenes like this one to happen?

I am all envious now :irked: and totally :grumpy: that you do what I always want to do and all "my" hawks (or bussards... wouldn't know, those that I see - for afar only, I should add - have a bright spotted chest like this one all right!) only fly away from me...

(just joking, of course ;))

LaFoto said:
You find this one out in the WILD!?!?!?!?!?

Have you seen my buzzard pics? And what I get to see?
How on earth do you get this close?
Where do you park your car, do you hide? Do you spend hours in the same spot waiting for scenes like this one to happen?

I am all envious now :irked: and totally :grumpy: that you do what I always want to do and all "my" hawks (or bussards... wouldn't know, those that I see - for afar only, I should add - have a bright spotted chest like this one all right!) only fly away from me...

(just joking, of course ;))

hehehehe, laFoto, I must say that when I was shooting the pics of this beautiful bird I was thinking of you! Maybe whe we ger to DC, we can go for a drive, and see what comes up. These shots would not be possible w/o the 400 mm lens. The rest of it is just tenacity. I started yesterday am at 1030, after cleaning up some business stuff.. and finished editing last night around 1030 pm... without a break.. I ate dinner while editing pics. It's all about being in the right place at the right time., along with some luck!

Raymond J Barlow said:
10 Burp!!
:lmao:

awesome stuff raymond, the whole series is priceless, individually i really like #3 and #10! :thumbup:

Holy canoli, what kinda lens do you have to get such a closeup shot as in #5??? AWESOME shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K eyboa rd shor ting out fr om droo l.

Antarctican said:
Holy canoli, what kinda lens do you have to get such a closeup shot as in #5??? AWESOME shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K eyboa rd shor ting out fr om droo l.

lol!! The lens is a 80-400 Nikon VR, and I am just lucky to find a nice hawk, who likes my company! Coopers hawks are know for there lack of fear around humans though.. and as scary looking as I am, I need to get inside 10 ft with good ol Linc here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back