My FRIENDly Model

imchristinak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My friend was gracious enough to help me practice taking pictures. Most of them are taken at thrift stores. All of them have been edited - tinkered around with the curves and color balances. C&C por favors (esp with the colors/comp...). Thanks.

4629709602_e180391ee7.jpg

4629903762_10d60f30bc.jpg

4629496012_4a548404bd.jpg

4628895411_b1e2fd2318.jpg

(she wasn't laughing at herself. it was because i was getting ready to take the picture when i caught myself in the mirror and got jumpy. haha

4629913862_8ee92f9871.jpg

4628895633_63cb7b805d.jpg

really upset because my battery died... and this was the best shot although blurry. is there a way to make it sharper without making it grainer/blurrier?

----
one more:
4629130311_44f5491ae9_o.jpg

this was what i was going for, but i couldn't on my digi cam so blurred with photoshop.
what kind of lens would i use to get this kind of an effect?

Last edited:
Here's a edit of your last picture. Not sure if it's much of an improvement. I didn't spend any time removing the "blur" around her feet, I mostly focused on her head and played around with some stuff. If you like to know what I did let me know.

Here's a edit of your last picture. Not sure if it's much of an improvement. I didn't spend any time removing the "blur" around her feet, I mostly focused on her head and played around with some stuff. If you like to know what I did let me know.

yes. i would like to know what went on in the pic. =D

#1 I duplicated the layer in photoshop
#2 Reduced the noise
#3 masked her body with a 30% opacity brush to bring back detail (except her feet, didn't spend that much time on them)
#4 Added a curve adjustment layer. A radical s curve for contrast.

Here's a picture of my layout. p.s I didn't name the layers because whats the point ? There's only 5 layers. p.p.s It seems I forgot to mention with the masked layer I believe I used a vertical motion blur :p

modelb.jpg

coool. thanks seb! looks complicated but i guess i can play around with what you've shared.

c&c's people? por favs. thank you. =D

On the very last one, you're going to need some fast glass like a prime or something that can run a f/stop around 2.5, but then you probably wouldn't be able to take a shot outside with it like so! Getting a shallow DoF is a lot easier inside or in studio.

As far as the tones go, I really like them, especially picture #2. What I can say is that your pictures have a very journalistic feel about them, I feel like this style might end up in a newspaper or a cool gallery installation (documentation?). Great stuff!

thanks for the tip/comment stillwater. =D
i just need to research what a prime is now.

Prime is a lens that doesn't zoom. 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, 105mm are all common focal lengths for prime lenses.

My personal choice is no. 3, the editing has also made it simple to look at.
What's ur model's name?

nice one on the sofa))))

Most reactions

Back