Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D850
f/6.3
ISO 100
1/100 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
48 mm

Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox OCF Right SB 700, Using Phottix/Odin II System

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & Silver Efex Pro2)

20180317-untitled-4-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

“The Face Of Alzheimer’s…My Mother”

D850
f/8.0
ISO 100
1/100 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
70 mm

Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox OCF Center SB 700, Using Phottix/Odin II System

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & Silver Efex Pro2)

20180317-untitled-17-Edit-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Why can't I get my mother's skin tones in the 1st shot to match my girlfriend's or the solo image below...is it because I am only using one speedlite??? Those the 1st shot really require two lights to pull it off successfully?

Thanks In Advance,

Enezdez

I've found that senior women and lighting/processing that emphasizes shadows are not best friends. A couple suggestions on things I've used. First clam shell lighting is hard to beat, and can be done with one light and a reflector. https://layersmagazine.com/clamshell-foolproof-beauty-light.html Use a silver reflector (you can make one with aluminum foil if you need to) and you'll also minimize reddish skin blotches that come with age. Second, open up the aperture, and focus sharp on the eyes. Skin tends to show the effects of aging quicker than the eyes. Emphasis the positive and diminish the negatives. Third, look at how you pose an elderly woman. Squared shoulders might look good on men, but not on women. Try angling the shoulders away from the camera and having her face turned toward the camera. Scarfs, hand/arm placements can be used to hide loose neck skin or other facial imperfections. If I can find it I'll send you a chart of poses using the hands/arms that work well. Finally look at how you process the image, harsh processing isn't friendly to an elderly woman. Think softer tones, more neutral contrasts. Unless your intent is to show the harshness of aging, then consider how your processing can minimize that.

Do they have the same skin tones?

@tirediron No...my mom has more "Olive Skin"....
So......... you have your answer. To me, the tones in the first look good. Two different people, two different skin tones. The difference between your mother in the first and second image is largely due to exposure. Your key light is in an entirely different place (different modifier?) and the exposure is probably ~1/2 stop less.

Do they have the same skin tones?

@tirediron No...my mom has more "Olive Skin"....
So......... you have your answer. To me, the tones in the first look good. Two different people, two different skin tones. The difference between your mother in the first and second image is largely due to exposure. Your key light is in an entirely different place (different modifier?) and the exposure is probably ~1/2 stop less.

@tirediron Thank you very much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back