My Girls

juju

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
heres a picture i really love although im totally open to criticism, in fact id love to know what people think or any ideas to improve them.

thegirls002.jpg

thegirls010.jpg

twins on the bottom? i like the pic, framed would be 100x better i'm certain!

ive got it framed in a massive A2 which is still waiting for a space to go in

hi juju! i love the pic, your girls are absolutely GORGEOUS! it may just be me (or my crappy work monitor), but is there a hint of green on their faces?

edit: i'm sorry, i was referring to the color one

This is my 2 cents...

I love the composition. Your girls are beautiful. My only CC would be to sharpen the eyes a little bit and remove what looks like a color cast to me.

cool i love constructive criticism,my monitor sucks aswell so its hard for me to judge good colour quality but ill have another look.also how do i do the colour cast thing :) (super noob)

Lighten up around the baby's right eye. They are beautiful girls!

I'm with Stella on this: the little sister's eyes are a bit dark and could do well with a bit of selective brightening. And I personally might consider brightening the twins' irises a tad, too, to make the eyes look more expressive.

There is a green cast there ... I guess they were standing on your lawn for this to be taken? And that reflects off part of their skin. You might want to correct that?

It is framed a bit tight, but that's ok.

what a great shot of your three daughters. i'm with the crowd on the eyes for the youngest, but great composition!

ive had a try at brighning my youngests eyes but i get a bad colour differential between the eye area and the rest of the face. anyone got any tips ?

First of all, wow, what a great shot to begin with! You're almost there. The final touch as everyone has pointed out is to brighten the irises (and even the whites just a touch) and then give them an ever so slight bit of sharpening. Mind if I play with the color version?

ive had a try at brighning my youngests eyes but i get a bad colour differential between the eye area and the rest of the face. anyone got any tips ?

For starters, try highlighting her whole face and clicking on "lighten shadows" and see what you get.

Here is what I did. Hope it was okay to post.

In PS CS2, I used the dodge tool (in the web version, its smaller than the full res version of course), at 10% opacity to brighten the irises as well as the whites with a size 7 pixel brush. Them I used the Sharpen tool and sharpened the irises and pupils with a size 20 pixel brush (just enough to cover the whole iris), 50% strength. I made a few passes until they appeared a bit more crisp. I also brightened the whole pic slightly using Levels, since it was slightly underexposed. Then I sharpened the whole pic with unsharp mask at 75% (amount), 0.3 radius, and 0 threshold. I also removed some of the hair wisps that was covering the eye of the right side twin. I used some cloning and healing for that. It could be done better with some more time and effort. There are a few more subtle things you can do with this image, such as putting a vignette around it and/or a frame. But it would be easier to do with the full res version. But like I said, its such a nice picture already. How nice of your girls to pose so good for you. :)

thegirls002_edited.jpg

Oh my goodness what beautiful children! And such a great picture. I am jealous I never had anything as nice as this as a newbie! :)
I love njman's edit but just to show there are a few different ways to do them I did one too, if that's not ok let me know and I will take it away.

I am a contrast, colorpopping freak! It's not for everyone but when I saw this picture I was like WOW! That's nice. And I added a bot of both, contrast and i warmed it up a bit. Also sharpened the eyes.
Hope to see more in the future! Nice job.

thegirls002.jpg

thegirls002bw.jpg

Most reactions

Back