What's new

My gray, gray Chicago day...

great shots, some of them had me laughing out loud!!

Number 1 & 8 are my favourites
 
1 and 5 are great :) Looks like you had a good time even though the gelato place was closed! (obsessed!)
 
core_17 said:
hehe...I know the bean (yeah, I knew the real name of it, too) shot is extremely cliche, but....well...I was kinda goin for that, so I don't care. :P

I'm in no way against pictures of the bean. In fact, the mere fact that everyone loves taking pictures of the bean (including me!) proves that it was worth the kabillion dollars to install it. It's exactly what public art should be. And, it inspires people to take interesting pictures rather than just "Here's Madge in front of the water tower... Here's Madge in front of Sears tower..." All of a sudden "Here's Madge, reflected and distorted in a way that's artistic and interesting, and here's 5 more shots that I actually experemented with what a photo can be!"

Hooray for the Bean!

And is that person really taking their pants off?
 
morydd said:
I'm in no way against pictures of the bean. In fact, the mere fact that everyone loves taking pictures of the bean (including me!) proves that it was worth the kabillion dollars to install it. It's exactly what public art should be. And, it inspires people to take interesting pictures rather than just "Here's Madge in front of the water tower... Here's Madge in front of Sears tower..." All of a sudden "Here's Madge, reflected and distorted in a way that's artistic and interesting, and here's 5 more shots that I actually experemented with what a photo can be!"

Hooray for the Bean!

And is that person really taking their pants off?

:scratch: Huh?


clarinetJWD said:
1 and 5 are great :) Looks like you had a good time even though the gelato place was closed! (obsessed!)

I am not obsessed! Now that video game I'm currently addicted to...THAT'S obsessed.
 
The self portrait is an excellent idea, love it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom