My hairdresser

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been doing product photography these days so rarely get to photograph people. I officially miss it.

A couple I took of my hairdresser a couple days ago :)

DSC_4833-2.jpg
DSC_4836-2.jpg

Also.. shameless plug but she entered a contest so if you happen to be willing to drop a vote.. voting is free once a day per person :) Vote for Kena Bruursema to be Inked Magazine's Cover Girl

Nice set, great poses, but I can't help but get the feeling that the processing is a tad harsh/contrasty for such a lovely lady.

They are edited on the gritty side but that's what we were going for. :) Gift for her husband.

Minor nit: in shot 2, her thumb looks really red and her fingertips do too a bit, as does her right ear. Her lipstick: top lip looks orange, lower lip looks reddish-pink.

This is nice work - I like the gritty processing here. I do agree with Derrel's comments above, but that's easily fixed if you so desire.

One thing I might suggest, and you may not like this at all, but I would crop #1 right under the foreground elbow (the model's left arm), so that her hips/tummy/thighs don't show at all. I find this seated part of her distracting and not strengthening to the shot. Removed, it becomes a completely different image. The viewer's attention stays on her face, the lovely flowing hair, and her gaze makes you wonder what she's thinking about.

My two cents! :)

Thanks for the feedback!

Gritty can work, I just found that I noticed the processing more than the photo itself. Too me the skintone of the lower body looks purplish where it's in the shade. I find this type processing to cause a subject to look almost flat against the background there's such an edge to it, so much separation from the background. To me it detracts from the subject more than enhances her.

Nice to see you back Bonnie, hope you and your family are doing good.

Most reactions

Back