My happy media project (need advice) (7pics)

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First off, thx to Archangel... your "leathal injection" was my inspiration on these :D
You rock!

So we have a team project in media class which is a long story to tell, but the essential is that our team's theme is "addictions" and we're doing a poster kinda thing... of course i'm in charge of the pics... yeah right, %$#?*&^ing teamwork...

Anyway, here's what i came up with... i'll have to pick two or three among these to present to the team mates before we pick the one that goes as the main picture.
So, I'm hesitating between the high-contrast color and dirty-grainy-tinted versions and i need your advice:

(as usual, credits to photobucket for the sizes. so, in size order: )

1. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-ish/psychedelic
psa2.jpg

psa6.jpg

psa6b.jpg

psa3.jpg

psa3b.jpg

psa1.jpg

psa1c.jpg

Wow! Great job with these Alexandra! I personally think the first in colour should be the centerpiece with the blacky-whitey grainy (very descriptive today aren't I?) photos surroudnign it. I just don't think the bright colours in them are convincingly 'addicting'. (Well, they are great to look at addicting.. but.). Whichever you choose, you did great with these.

(And ah yes, don't you love the teamwork presentation projects? *rolls eyes*)

P.S. might have been more 'correct' to also not have the bubbles in the syringes, but I doubt anyone will notice :)

No prob alex.... you've done a great job here. In terms of poster pictures i think you'd be good to go with ones which stand out most.... as well as ones which look the most realistic. So a subtle blend of each type of image would be good i think. If i had to choose 3 for a shortlist i'd go with... 1. cuz it stands out most. 5. cuz its the most realistic - (you got a similar prob to me in that the syringe a drug user would use is considerably smaller than the ones we used!) Then i think its between one of the droplet ones and the 7th one. But should make a good poster out of these i like em all :thumbup: +rep

thank you guys!

Personnally i'm more inclined to use the grainy-tinted ones...
the first one is definitely lacking credibility... having bubbles or air in a syringe is generally a bad sign...

also, since it's gonna be a poster, it's obviously gonna be poster-format. we haven't discussed exactly how large we want it, but i assume something around 2 feet wide... so assuming this, assuming my point'n'shoot has 5 mpx and assuming these are already crops, there will probably be considerable quality loss. This is actually why i made the grainy versions: the pixelization will probly even enhance the effect :)
so far, i've already ordered 4"x6" prints of all these just to see how it looks on glossy paper... so a lot is still to decide.

you did a great job on these alex, I like both the color versions, and the gritty b+w's. I think my advice would be to stick with one theme, so if you use color, use all color, and make the whole poster very colorful, psycadelic like, or use all gritty black and white and make the other parts of the poster match up too. Either way, I'm sure these will add well to the presentation.

thank you!
the problem i think will not be finding matching pics (cause there will only be one) but rather to choose one.
So my next step is next/previous/next/previous/next/previous switching on the pc for loooong loooong hours.
Our design is actually quite simple: one pic printed in huge format as the bg and our motto/message (still undetermined too... so all ideas welcome) across it or somewhere at the top... or maybe at the bottom... the possibilities are infinite :)

Alex...you did a really great job with these. I like the first, cause it grabs your attention.
The grainy shots will have an excellent effect too. Im not sure if you are adding text over the pictures or not, but I think the b&w shots would look best for that
I think if you are using the text at the bottom, and want to grab everyones eye, the coloured shots would be cool.

No matter which way you go, the idea is amazing, and Im sure yours will do awesome.
Nice stuff!!!

thanks a lot carl!

So i reduced my personnal picks to 3 and 5. As a poster, 5 would probs work better cause the comp is more uniform and because it's a larger crop, so more print quality. and the text would look quite natural at the bottom. However, I like 3 much more for the focus on the droplet.
now i really can't wait to see the print samples :)

I say go black and white, as heroin is neither green nor blue.

MaxBloom said:
I say go black and white, as heroin is neither green nor blue.
also shooting 7ml of it wouldn't be quite clever, eh? :mrgreen:

...well yeah, although i like the color ones and although they're catchy, i'm going b&w.

Yeah, i really think i'll stick with that one.
I just recieved the small format prints... they look awesome :D
though, i'm still a tad worried for the 2 feet-wide things :confused:

Although i still have to get the team mates' opinions, i think #3 will be the pick.

Alexandra said:
Yeah, i really think i'll stick with that one.
I just recieved the small format prints... they look awesome :D
though, i'm still a tad worried for the 2 feet-wide things :confused:

Although i still have to get the team mates' opinions, i think #3 will be the pick.

With a strong image it can be effective to poster print rather than hi-res, at least it then looks completely deliberate. I think you'd need to bump the contrast slightly, but that would work.

I like poster printing, it has a certain rawness which gives a remarkable boost to some images. (It royally screws some images though!) It's also like the budgie - going cheep! ;)

Rob

Most reactions

Back