My images are not ok to edit, why?

I like my work as is, it was my vision and I'd like to not have it modified by those who weren't there or don't see through my eyes. Nothing personal with respect to you, it's just personal for me.

I have internet lepracy and I'm trying to stop the spread.

i like to keep an element of mystery about me!

I'M A ZOOOOOOMBIE

I like my work as is, it was my vision and I'd like to not have it modified by those who weren't there or don't see through my eyes. Nothing personal with respect to you, it's just personal for me.

Yep, me too.

I didn't care before, until someone took one of my pictures, totally butchered it, and put it up on his deviant art page.

It looked HORRIBLE.

Thank you all for the info, I didnt want to edit anyones images I was just curious. Honestly i feel a persons pictures are a part of themselves and if they want to keep them how they want them people should respect that.

It's a bit like someone coming in to your house uninvited and re-arranging your furniture.
Mess with your own stuff, not with mine.

For me, it's a couple of things. If I'm asking for critique, I will give the OK to edit, but if I'm displaying something that I am wholly satisfied with, I would prefer to keep it as is, and try any suggestions myself.

Secondly, a copyright goes to the creater of the image. Any edit or manipulation of that image creates what is known as a 'derivative work', and a copyright of the new work is given to the editor. I do not want anyone to have a copyright to my work.

Honestly, I would like to see a third "see post" or "Not OK unless noted" option, because I cannot say definitively "It's always OK to edit" or "It's never OK to edit." (There are ways around having any tag at all, so I don't)

too lazy to go and find the button to make the little sign green.

Very well said and 100% Agreed!

My work is my work. I do this for a living!
I don't want folks messing with it.

Yup....plus I don't post.

I shoot for money and customers tell me with their checkbooks, just how I'm doing.

When I shoot for leisure, I shoot for me, I don't give damn what others think about my images.

I do allow people to edit, since I know from my own experience that it can be really fun to edit other people's images ;)

Sometimes however, I do not at all agree with the edits (as I was there and took the photo, and since only I can know how my photos are supposed to look). But still it is inspiring to see what others do to my images.

On the other hand for that reason I totally understand if someone does not want his images edited by others.

Most reactions

Back