my kitty :)

chammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
kitty1b.jpg

using the tamron 17-50mm 2.8 @ 1/250th; F/8; ISO 100

...lit with my brand new speedlight 430ex ii woohoo!
(and played with in lightroom a touch for the cropping and edgyness) :)

Last edited:
dude this is hot

hair on the far side and chin is soft but i'm sure u knew that

mebbe could use an OCF to get some highlights in the eyes :p

but yea whatever... this shot is nice... imo it's got impact... i opened this expecting some snapshot of a cat on the stairs or something

haha thanks guys! :D

syphlix: this was merged from the unedited and the edited version. the pupils had a lot of reflection from the original, but i took it out in favor of the dark version. it looked a bit weird with the amount of reflection in the eye that there was.

i agree about the DOF too. this was part of my first shots with the speedlight, and was using F/8 as a basis for the test shots. i just liked this one enough to post. :p

I like this pic. It's amazing! Nice job! Those eyes are captivating with the intense yellow color. =)

how do you like the new flash?

after i ordered it i was reading more and more on it, and got buyers remorse that i didnt wait and get the 580ex ii instead (no pc sync port on the 430 ex ii). however, after having gotten ideas from the strobist site and other flash related tutorials and such i had a basic idea how to play around with it (ie: bouncing it off the ceiling and such) and immediately starting doing so.

so far i've only been using it in ettl mode and letting it do the thinking for me, but after seeing some of the shots...i have no remorse about buying the "lower" end model. i think its going to work perfectly for what i need for now. im already working out the remote trigger, flash stand, and umbrella now and expect to get those next week so i can start doing the strobist thing with it. :D

however, due to the price of this unit, i think if i start adding more lighting, it'll most likely be the vivitar 285hv's. i knew i did want the speedlight for field work where i needed the flash on camera as i think its better suited to that type of work, but i think budget wise...the 285hv's will be cheaper to build out a second or third strobe setup.

we'll see though...im still waiting on my sto-fen omni bounce in the mail, and i'd like to see how that does before i do anything further.

Up close and personal. Nice.

The left eye (camera right) looks weird...the edges aren't smooth.

Wow! :thumbup:

That's one for the portfolio man!

Most reactions

Back