Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... and a bright side!
laddie 1900.1.jpg

Flickr Macro Monday upcoming is the topic of "side lighting" so I thought I'd give it a whirl!

I mentioned to Laddie that he had a few scuffs on his face and he growled back: "How'd you like a couple of scuffs on YOUR face??"

Oh that dark side- it's rank!

Last edited:
Off camera flash slaved to pop up camera flash to get the lighting. Ball is sitting on a cardboard bankers box with piece of paper for background.

Off camera flash slaved to pop up camera flash to get the lighting. Ball is sitting on a cardboard bankers box with piece of paper for background.

That would explain the odd fall off on the light. If you have a way of firing your off camera flash without the pop up, I think you'll see a more uniform fall off into the shadows, if that is what you're after.

That would explain the odd fall off on the light. If you have a way of firing your off camera flash without the pop up, I think you'll see a more uniform fall off into the shadows, if that is what you're after.
Don't have that figured out yet, but it's on my things to do list! Thanks- I appreciate the feedback!

You can find cheap wireless triggers on eBay, that work great. Or, you should be able to connect camera and flash with a pc cord. I prefer the wireless

You can find cheap wireless triggers on eBay, that work great. Or, you should be able to connect camera and flash with a pc cord. I prefer the wireless
Yeah- I got a neewer flash, and I see wireless triggers brand new for 25 or 30 bucks. Gotta get one!

I bought a set of the Yongnuo 622s. It was just under $80 for a transmitter and receiver. I've only used them a couple of times but so far they are pretty good, even on TTL. I eventually want to get another flash and receiver.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back