What's new

My Little Bother Please C&C

kelli_anne

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago IL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are pictures of my little bother. Let me know what you think. All C&C are welcome. The photos have not been edited. I know in 2 and 3 that the white tag from the tube that he is in, is distracting and needs to be cropped out.

1.
4540965570_5eea83c53d.jpg

2.
4540965526_686ea21a48.jpg

3.
4540331989_489cacca58.jpg
 
Very good looking boy. I mostly like them, but number 2 and 3, his face is slightly green I supposed from the color cast of the "tunnel" I'm not expert enough to know how to fix that. Also from the same two, you are cutting off a finger or two. Gotta watch that. From the way he is positioned, I can't help but think that his other arm got cut off. I'd bet your mom would love these pictures though. ;)
 
You're underexposed and could benefit from a lot less depth of field.
 
Cute kid, and a fun moment to capture.

It does appear to be slightly underexposed on the subject (as mentioned). I'm thinking a bit of fill-flash might help with the exposure, and help balance the color too (overcome some green cast) with your white balance in auto or flash. Not too much though, you would probably need to dial in some negative flash compensation.

Less depth of field was also mentioned. I agree, if your equipment allows.

I see what you mean about the tag. I would definitely try a tighter crop. Maybe even as high as the top of the shoe, but keeping the aspect ratio you might start getting a wierd composition if you crop too high. It would take a little playing with.

Nice shots, moving kids can be a challenge and take lots of practice (and patience) you did good getting down to his level and capturing his happiness.
 
I agree with the others about less DoF helping the shots, but what I noticed right away in the first is that you cut the top of his head off, Hannibal style.
 
what I noticed right away in the first is that you cut the top of his head off

Good catch. I think this photo would look better with more of the head, or if the head is cutoff move in tighter on the face. I think it's a matter of how the image is balanced and how tight you are in on the subject.

From my experience, there is a diversity of opinion on the head cut-off issue. Sometimes it looks fine, other times it doesn't. Some photos it's just a matter of opinion, while others it makes a difference one way or the other.

I have seen many images both ways, in professional work and non-professional work where the head-cut off adds or takes away.

All that to say that in general I personally don't think cutting off the head is always the wrong decision.
 
I personally don't have any issue whatsoever about the head cuttoff.
 
If he's such a 'bother' why take photos? :lol: Just kidding.

HAHAHA, I didnt even see that, I am try to re read over what I write before posting. LOL, he can be a "bother" sometimes, but what "brother" isn't.


Thank you everyone for the C&C. I am still a photography student, and I have only been at this for about 6 months. And most of my work has been in film. So digital to me is a different world, when it comes to editing!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom