dawn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Echo, my gecko.

5990726867_90a04aafbf_z.jpg

5990726937_66feae091d_z.jpg

Great Macro subject. Nice shots. Cool feet.
-
Thanks for sharing and shoot well, Joe

I just love lizard eyes, they are so cool!
I prefer **** number 1 , number 2 doesn't really appeal to me :)

Oops meant shot of course :D

Yeah, #2 is just a functional picture to show her spots. They change so much between hatchling and adult, I've been photographing this for reference. She looked like this when she hatched:

5991683509_65a5da9481_z.jpg

A few more showing the process, they change a bit after every shed.

5992280446_67b8b745ca_z.jpg

5737605546_2fb366f029_z.jpg

5991723105_fea61995e0_z.jpg

One happy looking gecko. :)

What a beaut! I love geckos. They are a lot like arachnids in that they change so much between molts/sheddings.

Except they're prettier than arachnids :)

Tarantulas are the one thing I can't wrap my head around keeping as a pet, give me snakes, lizards, mantids, roaches, fine, but no spiders. But I've got friends who think Echo is the most repulsive thing on the planet.

I find geckos and spiders to be equally appealing. Example: the Gooty Sapphire Ornamental is my favorite tarantula
5453284655_5ce7cf88f6_m.jpg

Spiders get a bad rap. Ive handled just about every species that Ive photographed with no ill consequences.

Dogs can bite too you know! Yet we all love em.

Last edited:
Ok, that one is pretty. I'm not scared of them biting me, most just look like big hairy house spiders.

I thought she was looking awfully dull in those first two pictures. She must have shed yesterday. These ones are from last night.

5995348492_bd02d4a6bd_z.jpg

5995348326_7ce5ec950b_z.jpg

I moved her to a new cage a few weeks ago, I thought she was just adjusting, I didn't see her for a long time. Then I moved her "furniture" around and she must like it better because she's been all over the place. I got up in the middle of the night last night and she was at the glass looking for me, I put my hand in and she climbed right up. That's why all the new pics, she's being active for the first time in a while.

Am I the only one who noticed the horrid use of direct pop-up flash? lol. For a second I thought we were on a reptile forum!

You can make a diffuser out of a rubber band and some paper, that will help get rid of those nasty shadows created by the pop up flash.

Am I the only one who noticed the horrid use of direct pop-up flash? lol. For a second I thought we were on a reptile forum!

You can make a diffuser out of a rubber band and some paper, that will help get rid of those nasty shadows created by the pop up flash.

Am I the only one that noticed this is in the "Just for Fun" section? And that these are just for reference?

I have issues!! I see a title of "My lizard" in the just for fun section and have to giggle. I'm sooo immature!!
Now that I have seen you lizard........I have to say he is pretty damn cool!! You need to get a super close up of those eyes and scales!!

Most reactions

Back