My Local Best Buy store

I should take pictures of my local best buy!

All the cameras are shoved into a corner with dust on them and lot of them are broke and have pieces hanging of them. There is no lens displays, they are just in their boxes under the camera display in an unordered fashion. What a joke.
Thats sounds like some poor management to me.
defintely,
I know they are driven by consumer demand for what and how they offer it at the local stores. But you can't sell anything based on broken displays.

Steve, you should head over and check out ProCam in Livonia. They're really packed full of gear.

Steve, you should head over and check out ProCam in Livonia. They're really packed full of gear.
I've driven past them before.
But I'm afraid to go in there because I may buy something.
maybe I can just blame @jcdeboever and @Gary A.

I rarely visit Best Buy, so who knows when the next time I'll be there. I buy everything online lol.

I've driven past them before.
But I'm afraid to go in there because I may buy something.
maybe I can just blame @jcdeboever and @Gary A.
I bought my 100-400 and 1.4TC there. I was going to mention that but couldn't find thread. Cameramall in Ann Arbor is a pain to find a parking spot. I was actually working the AA, Plymouth, Livonia market that day and Cameramall lost the sales because I literally couldn't find a place to park. Frustrated, I stopped into Pro Cam and they had a full lineup of Fujifilm stuff...funny though, they had no power and we had to use Continuos lighting off the shelf to shop.

I rarely visit Best Buy, so who knows when the next time I'll be there. I buy everything online lol.

you can buy from Best Buy online and get good deals - tablets and cell phones, not sure about camera gear
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I've had a number of issues buying from Best Buy online. So I don't really bother, I only go to Best Buy for something I need ASAP but everyone that works at my local Best Buy seem to be from Dawn of the Dead. Haha

Yeah, a store with low,low prices, USA-warrantied photo goods, and a full money-back, No Questions Asked 30-day satisfaction guarantee, and thousands and thousands of retail outlets all over North America, and all most people seem to fixate on is the pimple-faced sales associates who work there earning a meager hourly wage...

My favorite electronic store was circuit city same type of return or exchange policy and employee type but look what happen, they bellied up and left something over 10,000 people unemployed between US and Canada.Hopefully this won't happen to Best Buy but almost every single electronic chain store I shopped has gone out of business even when the store was located in busy location, always seemed busy inside with customers and had a great selections of just about everything and there was no other electronic stores competing in the same areas

My favorite electronic store was circuit city same type of return or exchange policy and employee type but look what happen, they bellied up and left something over 10,000 people unemployed between US and Canada.Hopefully this won't happen to Best Buy but almost every single electronic chain store I shopped has gone out of business even when the store was located in busy location, always seemed busy inside with customers and had a great selections of just about everything and there was no other electronic stores competing in the same areas

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time!

Circuit City had a bad store logistics problem and a lot of other problems, which was by design. They put most stores in lower cost buildings out of the normal shopping traffic patterns. So customers had to go there versus just coming across BestBuys who put their stores in those traffic pattern. By the time the bosses at Circuit City caught on that they strategies weren't working, and they changed them they dug themselves further into a hole and decided to go strictly to an online strategy. I haven't heard from them since marketing-wise.

wow .. just searching on the demise of CC bring *tons* of articles.
==> Eight Reasons Why Circuit City Went Bankrupt

here's a much older article about it ==> Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

They essentially had the same marketing skills as Kmart did years ago, and never changed to the newer marketing methods..

Their web presence ==> Home

Most reactions

Back