My local raptor rescue center

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every year or so A Place Called Hope A Place Called Hope - A Raptor Rescue Rehabilitation and Education Center - Killingworth CT does a photo day. I love this organization. They save hundreds of raptors a year. Some however can not be released back into the wild so they use them for education. Shooting birds in captivity can actually be a little tricky as you are so close with big lenses, it's tough getting enough DOF. Also light can be very tricky as they make sure the birds are as comfortable as possible to not stress them out and keep them cool. I try to keep the birds looking like they are somewhat wild and try to avoid humans. With the Eagle there was nothing I could do because he was in a cage. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

A Place Called Hope Photoshoot 10_17 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

3 If you click through to their page you can learn more about this Eagle..

Great shots. Donation in order, costalconn referenced.

Last edited:
Very nice shots, sharp and beautiful bokeh :encouragement:

Who said bird photography is hard? Just put the subject at arms length. Nice shots.

Great set.

Jr and I were just talking about our next spring visit to the conservancy near us.

Fully agree with how tricky it can be since you don't get the distance you would normally have in the wild.

Love those Raptors! It's really cool to see ordinations helping rehabilitate wild critters :trink39:

Most reactions

Back