My model shoot post

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry guys, had to get the mods to get it off cuz of the whole model release form issue. Glad I learned quickly before it was too late and got sued for crazy money which I don't have :confused:

But, she did sign off on 2 images so far, and only 2 I presented to her, out of those, one was the edit by TURBO (a great thanks to you :thumbup:) and I am in process of editing one or two more of her and once those two are released then I'll post it on the people section.

As for any noob here, this is a great lesson learned. Also, realize, sometimes you might have to work a little harder with clients to make them feel more comfortable. Next time it'll make things much easier for you. As she's already wanting to work with me very soon :D

I'm a little confused.

Based on the material provided via a link in your other thread specifically asking about model releases, I see no clear indication that a release is needed in your case. Apparently you concluded otherwise and took remedial steps.

What did you base this conclusion on? I'm guessing > 90% of the shots posted here had no model releases. What is different in this case?

Well, I'm being on the safe side. From reading this: Not sure what "websites" they are talking about. Plus this perticular person was very specific about what pictures go online. The original photographer had to do the same thing.

According to industry standards if your photo is appearing in any of the following you need a photo release: [/COLOR]

• [*]Advertisements
    [*]Brochures
    [*]Posters
    [*]Greeting cards
    [*]Catalogs
    [*]Postcards
    [*]Websites
    [*]Trade shows
    [*]T-shirts
    [*]Corporate magazines
    [*]Travel guides
If your pictures are being published in any of the following you do not need a release form:

• [*]Consumer or trade magazines
    [*]Newspapers
    [*]Educational material
    [*]Photo exhibits
    [*]Any materials that are considered educational or informational

this isnt your website. YOu can post those photos!

Not only that, you could theoratically put it in your PORTFOLIO section on your website. You are not using her image to promote your biz (for example use her face on a flyer or something).

MohaimenK,

I'm right there with you in terms of your intent to play it safe but consider that your post is one of many instances of exactly the same thing happening here every day. You're supposing this site has a huge potential legal problem. Maybe it does ...

I'm completely in favor of deferring to the desires of the model so definitely take 'em down if that's her wish. I'm simply questioning the other aspect of this.

I would say its informational about that days experience, so post away right? ha

I can put it back up, if you ask me, Mohaimen. That thread is not gone entirely...

Most reactions

Back