My nature photos

thanks andyla. I didnt take any photos with the intent to edit. I am trying to figure out how to edit well - purely the mechanics.

To the others - there was no advice, mostly just insults. It isnt helpful unless you can give me any info on where to improve. If you have none, I understand, but like I said, at that point it is just insults.

Look at some good photography in nature magazines or something. Study and analyze the photographs. That will show you how it's done. 'Editing' won't make something from nothing.

To the others - there was no advice, mostly just insults. It isnt helpful unless you can give me any info on where to improve. If you have none, I understand, but like I said, at that point it is just insults.

You might want to grow a thicker skin on the interwebz.

With a reaction like that, you are only setting yourself up for ignore lists and no comments.

If you want a cookie for your pictures, might want to find another forum

Nope, not asking for a cookie - don't care if they are good or if they appeal. Wondering how to improve my editing. And what I said was true. Some, like Fokker, were helpful. Although I am not interested in photography as sport, I do want to be able to edit well when I need to. Most of the 'advice' was that I take bad pics, and perhaps thats true, but these were drawn from a backlog of pics I've taken over the years. I need assistance with the MECHANICS of my editing.

You might want to grow a thicker skin on the interwebz.

With a reaction like that, you are only setting yourself up for ignore lists and no comments.

If you want a cookie for your pictures, might want to find another forum

Nope, not asking for a cookie - don't care if they are good or if they appeal. Wondering how to improve my editing. And what I said was true. Some, like Fokker, were helpful. Although I am not interested in photography as sport, I do want to be able to edit well when I need to. Most of the 'advice' was that I take bad pics, and perhaps thats true, but these were drawn from a backlog of pics I've taken over the years. I need assistance with the MECHANICS of my editing.

This is an unrealistic demand. The editing has to have some obvious relationship to the aesthetic underlying the photograph. You're just fiddling with photo editing. So what? People jam on guitars all the time. Thy don't expect reviews. Nor should you, in this case. You titled the thread "My nature photos", so....

I do want to be able to edit well when I need to. Most of the 'advice' was that I take bad pics, and perhaps thats true, but these were drawn from a backlog of pics I've taken over the years. I need assistance with the MECHANICS of my editing.

I am not sure how long you have been working on your editing skills, but here is what I have been doing...to give you an example of another person, who like you does not have much skill - YET.

I take some shots, knowing how I want them to look. I go on the computer and start my editing process.

This is after I have already viewed others work, videos and tutorials all about the type of software I own.

I keep a file of the types of editing I have performed, and how close I was able to get to my desired results. Sometimes I get a result I had no idea about, but really liked. Most times, I realise I am a ways away from being comfortable in my knowledge. I am quite relaxed, as I know it is not going to happen overnight.

RESULTs:
As I see my results, it also gives me an idea of how not to shoot my next photos, realizing that what I did in the past will not work.
It is a study of time...;)

thanks andyla. I didnt take any photos with the intent to edit. I am trying to figure out how to edit well - purely the mechanics.

imo, if you want to stay on the internet, you better grow a sack

LOL these people aren't cool with the truth...the truth is what I want!

These pictures don't do much for me but all I know is go easy with the editing. Don't get discouraged...get out and keep shooting!

I get told my pics suck all the time! :lmao:

And, pbelarge gave you some really good
advice. (twice)

Most reactions

Back