My new camera and lenses

raphaelaaron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raphaelaaron.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
woo! i finished my final exam, and this weekend, I plan on trying out my new medium format camera - the norita 66!

5538220694_4f0be0696d_z.jpg

i acquired 2 of these lenses at a deal at 70.00 each

-rittron 80mm f2
-noritar 160mm f4

time to kill some mamiyas....

Last edited:
Great! Norita? These are something new to me.

"I believe it was designed by the same person who designed the original Nikon F, but Nikon decided not to venture into MF and passed on it.
--->
Actually, I believe it was designed by the guy behind the Canon F1, not the Nikon F.
A quick google search shows both. I'd only seen the Nikon reference in the past."

- APUG Norita 66 discussion http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/47008-any-norita-66-shooters-out-there.html

Last edited:
If my reading serves me right, I think it was made by the guy who designed the Canon. Canon didn't want to get into Medium format, so He went to Graflex Norita with his designs.

This is a predecessor to the Pentax 67, and if you've every heard of the Pentacon Six, or Exakta 66, this is the japanese equivalent to those cameras.

I bought this camera mostly for the glass. 80mm f2 = fastest lens in medium format photography. and a flickr search shows some fantastic images taken with it.

This is a rare camera, so it's normal if not many people know too much about it, and when it goes on ebay, it sells well into the 1,000 dollar mark

Wow, great camera Raphael. f2 IS fast for medium format. I think the fastest other than that I've seen is a 2.8 planar on a rollei or something. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the info. There's always something new (or old :)) to discover.
If my reading serves me right, I think it was made by the guy who designed the Canon. Canon didn't want to get into Medium format, so He went to Graflex Norita with his designs.

This is a predecessor to the Pentax 67, and if you've every heard of the Pentacon Six, or Exakta 66, this is the japanese equivalent to those cameras.

I bought this camera mostly for the glass. 80mm f2 = fastest lens in medium format photography. and a flickr search shows some fantastic images taken with it.

This is a rare camera, so it's normal if not many people know too much about it, and when it goes on ebay, it sells well into the 1,000 dollar mark

hey guys, just wanted to post some shots i got back from shooting with this camera:

i did a soft focus test, and this was only at f4

5548357621_94edfe674e_z.jpg

5548937980_e484d09933_z.jpg

Love it! I want to shoot more film!

I must say those girls are really sexy... are they models or friends? if they are friends... wassup?!

not to mention that lens is sharp!

haha! the second girl started out as a model, but she became a good friend.
those shots were from a recent trip of hers to visit me in new york. :p

and yes, as for the lens, it is quite sharp wide open. i love the shallow depth of field it gives to out of focus parts as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back