My New Camera Canon 20D

MH_91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heyy all !
i hope all doing well , and had great weekend

this is my 1st time Publishing my works in this Forum .
lately i bought new camera ( 2 month ago )
Canon 20D with lens Sigma 18-200mm , before i just had a Sony DSC-w300 , i did great job onit , but most the time it was only in Auto Option soo i wanst doing anything special. just my angle of the pic and lighting .

but since i got my 20D , its been crazy world for me !! (since this my 1st DSLR camera) i really didnt know what am doing at all !!!

i turn the option into Auto and the flash pop up i wanted with out flash , it didn't Obey what i was telling him lol . soo i start to do Massive of Research ! , the shutter , the AV , Lighting ! , looking at tutorials and see how ppl take pics , and how they make it More nicer with photoshop or any other software .

the 1st week for me it was testing week !! testing everything ( most of my pics were over Exposed or Dark ) because of the slow shutter or fast shutter or because my AV was low or was High .

slowly and slowly i start to learn how it work , and how you can play with the setting

am just saying all that stuff , to tell the beginner ppl , that dont give up easily !! , DSLR need a lot of partice till you get used to it ,

i just have one Question to ask ,

is it better to use RAW setting or JPEG setting ? and why

this is my works

Please Comment on my pics ,if there is any Tip for making my work better please say :)
thank you
and have great Day\night

MH.

mtkneo.jpg

1d9nl.jpg

24fmj49.jpg

2a4v48m.jpg

2lvk400.jpg

vsdfsk.jpg

2d0rx5.jpg

2ir516v.jpg

2cpaij6.jpg

1052qld.jpg

t5tb0z.jpg

242d63n.jpg

24fgvhj.jpg

30njbbs.jpg

rciowi.jpg

14cso4g.jpg

nez2o1.jpg

206nfgl.jpg

2qa7gir.jpg

Last edited:
congrats. Looks like your already having fun with it. Nice buy.

yeah am having lots of fun with it now ! but at 1st it was kind of nightmare lol ,
thank you very much for you'r comment ..
have good night :)

only one comment ! thats really sad !
It could have something to do with poor spelling, grammar and punctuation of your post.

Have you tried the RAW + JPEG mode, and set the camera to capture Black and White images with the Yellow Filter option, using the Sepia toning feature?

The 20D will shoot a beautiful B&W JPEG image for you. Set the sharpening pretty high, since the 20D outputs a rather soft 8.2MP image. Set the Yellow filter option because that helps give some tonal differentiation, like one would have gotten with a K2 yellow filter back in the B&W era using panchromatic film.

The sepia toning look just looks cool from the 20D. The JPEGs will be properly filtered, sepia-toned, and sharpened. But the RAW data will still be RAW, and will have all the color information needed to use DPP or other software to make beautiful color JPEGs.

Have you tried the RAW + JPEG mode, and set the camera to capture Black and White images with the Yellow Filter option, using the Sepia toning feature?

The 20D will shoot a beautiful B&W JPEG image for you. Set the sharpening pretty high, since the 20D outputs a rather soft 8.2MP image. Set the Yellow filter option because that helps give some tonal differentiation, like one would have gotten with a K2 yellow filter back in the B&W era using panchromatic film.

The sepia toning look just looks cool from the 20D. The JPEGs will be properly filtered, sepia-toned, and sharpened. But the RAW data will still be RAW, and will have all the color information needed to use DPP or other software to make beautiful color JPEGs.

i just tired and the Result were pretty goood !! is it better to use the Camera B&W or take like Color pic and then PhotoShopit B&W is it going to be different ?

96w0u1.jpg

Well, it is going to be different--a Photoshop conversion can be done dozens of different ways. I also like to bump the contrast up two clicks when using the 20D's in-camera B&W capture in RAW+JPEG mode.

There's a number of ways to do B&W conversions in post processing, but one thing about shooting in-camera RAW+JPEG captures is that you can see and evaluate the images on the LCD without the distraction of color. Shooting in-camera B&W forces you to look more at the line,shape,and mass elements of design in the field. A B&W image is often more about line and shape and mass of the subjects/elements, and it's a way to focus more on compositional matters than on color. SO, for me, if the desired end result is a B&W image, I think it actually is *better* to shoot,review,and evaluate a B&W image in the field, rather than mentally try and translate color into B&W.

A successful B&W photo is not always identical to a successful color photo.

Canon 20D. Thats what i'm saving up for at the moment. :] damn minimum bi weekly pay. And i really love the light graffiti

Well, it is going to be different--a Photoshop conversion can be done dozens of different ways. I also like to bump the contrast up two clicks when using the 20D's in-camera B&W capture in RAW+JPEG mode.

There's a number of ways to do B&W conversions in post processing, but one thing about shooting in-camera RAW+JPEG captures is that you can see and evaluate the images on the LCD without the distraction of color. Shooting in-camera B&W forces you to look more at the line,shape,and mass elements of design in the field. A B&W image is often more about line and shape and mass of the subjects/elements, and it's a way to focus more on compositional matters than on color. SO, for me, if the desired end result is a B&W image, I think it actually is *better* to shoot,review,and evaluate a B&W image in the field, rather than mentally try and translate color into B&W.

A successful B&W photo is not always identical to a successful color photo.

i will practice on B&W latter on and see the difference between PhotoShop B&W and the B&W from the camera !

thank you for the comment :D

btw i didnt know . which pic you like the best :D

Canon 20D. Thats what i'm saving up for at the moment. :] damn minimum bi weekly pay. And i really love the light graffiti

you i totally feel what you been throw !

and thank you for your Comment :)
have good day =)

It could have something to do with poor spelling, grammar and punctuation of your post.

That was a mean answer to his statement of this is sad only one comment. When did we start saying this like this in a forum bout photography....

Hmmmmmm. Just saying.

That was a mean answer to his statement of this is sad only one comment. When did we start saying this like this in a forum bout photography....

Hmmmmmm. Just saying.

just to let you know guys English is my 3rd Language, soo am doing pretty good here !!

and Brian was right , here its about PhotoGraphy , not English Grammar and spelling !!

thank you Brian :)

I notice you have about 4 hot pixels from the look of it. I assume you had to photoshop out some of those red dots from some of the lighter and white photos? I see them on a couple of your photos.

I am new to this two. Mine XSi has one hot pixel. I don't know what is "normal", but 4 seems like a lot.

I notice you have about 4 hot pixels from the look of it. I assume you had to photoshop out some of those red dots from some of the lighter and white photos? I see them on a couple of your photos.

I am new to this two. Mine XSi has one hot pixel. I don't know what is "normal", but 4 seems like a lot.

XSi is Canon 450D

yeah i notice that from the 1st day , i heard if you clean the Sensor , the "dead Pixels " will be gone .
but i dont know how to clean the sensor .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back