My new favorite hawk

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went back to the state park looking for Saw Whet owls again, but couldn't find any. Found the super friendly juvenile RT hawk though. This hawk completely ignores humans. It swooped down after pray about 5 feet away from us a few times. I shot some with the D800/Tamron 150-600 and some with the D7100/Tamron 70-200 VC. I like having the dual camera set up. Comments welcome and thanks for looking...

Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 7 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 10 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

7 The hawk was not impressed by the mockingbird...
Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 20 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

8 For reference.. 200mm uncropped on the D7100.. This hawk was crazy close..
Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 18 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

These are very beautiful birds shot in gorgeous weather! I like the fact that the blue skies and natural colors of the trees enhanced the shots even more! Especially #1 and #4, what lens did you use for the shots?

Nice set! The hawks are all over the place up here the last few weeks.

Love these. Fav is definitely the one with the mockingbird. Too funny.
Thank you JR!
These are very beautiful birds shot in gorgeous weather! I like the fact that the blue skies and natural colors of the trees enhanced the shots even more! Especially #1 and #4, what lens did you use for the shots?
1,4,5,6,8 Were D7100 and Tamron 70-200 USD VC
The others are D800 and Tamron 150-600...

I absolutely love #3. It is my new favorite hawk also.
Thank you Gary!
Nice set! The hawks are all over the place up here the last few weeks.
There has been a large influx of raptors and it is awesome to see! Any SEO or Snowies up that way yet? We had one sighting down here so far (SEO)

So the real question... Still loving the D800??!

Love these. Fav is definitely the one with the mockingbird. Too funny.
So true!! I liked the post as soon as I saw it was yours, I had the impulse to like it again after looking at that photograph :lol: Awesome photography Kris :)

So the real question... Still loving the D800??!
It's actually working out great with dual camera/lenses. I really like the overall IQ of the D800 with the Tamron 150-600 for stationary birds and the D7100 for flying birds. I think the D7100 produces slightly sharper images, but the overall IQ doesn't have the zip of the D800. It's all very minor differences. I've been shooting the D800 in 1.2x mode mostly because I have been getting so close to the birds lately, they overstuff DX mode..
This one is almost the entire 24MP in 1.2x mode at 420MM. It's pretty impressive at full resolution...
Red Tail Hawk, Juvi 11_4 8 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

I love the way you get in close. It's one of the several things that makes you so good.

Fabulous! And although I see the appeal of the mockingbird shot, my favorite is #6.

Brilliant as always, my favourites are #4 and #7

I LOVE #4... just when he spots something and goes for it! I'm curious, out of a shoot on any given day, how many frames do you shoot and how many do you keep? You seem to have a pretty high keeper rate with the consistent quality of your shots!

Number 7 is really funny. It's my fav.

#4 is my favorite, got a real sense of action there! it's like watching a bullet being fired from a rifle in slo mo. :) I think it's a tad overexposed though, but it's just nitpicking. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back