My new Ferrari

It'll be good unless I take a flight. I have a few of them, now.

Thanks. I scored two Sheaffers yesterday - in-store "show" with 10% off everything. I had birthday money!

Somehow I didn't think it was going to be the kind with wheels.

Beautiful. Nice photo of it too.

I used to use fountain pens, and I always loved the Schaeffer Skrip brand of writing ink, with the jars that have the built-in inkwell for easier filling. On this still-life, I think I would clone out and perfect those two small white blems and that dark blem there on the left. And also, touch up those two very tiny white blems at the 12 o'clock position.

If you have to ask . . . ;)

Somehow I didn't think it was going to be the kind with wheels.

Beautiful. Nice photo of it too.

I used to use fountain pens, and I always loved the Schaeffer Skrip brand of writing ink, with the jars that have the built-in inkwell for easier filling. On this still-life, I think I would clone out and perfect those two small white blems and that dark blem there on the left. And also, touch up those two very tiny white blems at the 12 o'clock position.
Thank you. This was a quick set up - two short CFL lamps to the sides, a grey mouse pad, and overhead shot on the tripod. I'll set up something better later on - I have to make a "holder" for the pen. As for the ink, I've gotten pretty fond of Pilot Iroshizuku and some of the Noodler's colors; quite a price range, though.

Well if you have a few of them, send this one to me. lol. Nice looking pen. My favorite fountain pen died early this year and I haven't been able to get one I like as much.
Not much left after this trip! I could send you a Pilot Metropolitan. They are rather inexpensive but really nice to write with.

When I was an Engineering Surveyor, I booked my notes in India ink. Most others would book notes in pencil. This is the type of pen I used, the only bits I could find this morning.

PA200001.jpg

@snowbear, thanks for the offer. I have a cross that I am using currently. At least until I find me one to replace the Waterman that died. I was looking at a few last night, but just didn't see any in stock that made me want to pull the trigger.

There was a carbon fiber looking one that I would have liked to had but it was out of stock.

The search continues.

Red, of course.

cmw3_d40_6430
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr
Red, of course.

cmw3_d40_6430
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr
Nice, fun pen. I wonder how many other Forum members use fountain pens (as I do). I see a few do from the responses, and I know one more from previous e-mail. I use other types of pens besides fountain pens, but I do feel the "if it don't suck ink from a bottle, it ain't a pen." And yet I moved from film to digital and never looked back . . .

Does it make cool noises like the car :)

Starting tomorrow you can buy stock in Ferrari.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back