my new hobby

RichardsTPF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8552882445_3ec3670e61_b.jpg
[/URL] DSC_0728 by RichardsFlik, on Flickr[/IMG]

NICE new toy! I think if I were going to pick something up, it would be a .40. For now it's just me and my .357 I carry hunting.

As far as the shot, I would try tipping the handgun up just a little more. I found myself wanting to read the labeling on the side of the slide.

Background material ain't cutting it.

Bump the exposure up about +.40, the white ammo boxes look a bit gray and it will give the brass some more luster.

Mixed FMJ with hollow points in the mag? Ohh, and stock up on ammo if you can get it right now till things settle down.

I would try tipping the handgun up just a little more. I found myself wanting to read the labeling on the side of the slide.
Thank you for your advice. That is a good idea.

Background material ain't cutting it.
That is a poker table cloth. I couldn't find any other material with similar color at home.

Bump the exposure up about +.40, the white ammo boxes look a bit gray and it will give the brass some more luster.
Mixed FMJ with hollow points in the mag?
The window is on my left, and the flash on my right was shooting toward the ceiling and wall behind me as a reflector. I will try bump up the exposure up a little next time. I used auto WB, then see the ammo box a little blue. So I adjust the WB in camera raw.
Only hollow points are in the mag.:lol:

Hollow-point dum-dums???? Those are actually legal in your area? (Serious question - NOT trying to start anything)

Yes. They are sold everywhere, Academy, shooting ranges. Walmart even sold them before the gun ban things. It's Texas.
So it's illegal in Canada? What type of pistol ammo do you use in Canada?

I just used what the military issued me (9mm ball); as for buying it for personal just your basic FMJ & soft-nose as far as I know.

JHPs are legal and widely available here in South Dakota as well. FMJs, JSPs, JHPs, take your pick. Even still available at Wallyworld here. I've picked up a couple big boxes of 38 Specials there cheap.

I have to say, I noticed the different rounds in the picture as well, but for some reason thought they were actually mixed together in the pile. I was more distracted by the thought of going through and sorting them out after the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back