My New Lightstand

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
today I went and bought a clamp for my umbrella and flash, it's not the same style that I always see people post here, it's a little different, but this one actually seems to really work for me and it was a lot cheaper than the manfrotto one which is the style that everyone posts here.. this one has a hot shoe mount on it, AND a screw for you to mount another flash (great it you need to mount 2 flashes) or if like me, your using the wired slave, which on the flash side, just has a screw hole to mount..

Then on my way home, it dawned on me that mic stand screws are the same size as the tripod screws.. and I realized that I could just use my old mic stand as a light stand.. it looks great....

I also went out and bought some material for a back drop... I flirted with the old lady selling it, and she gave it to me for 60% off.. which is sweet (cause it wasnt in the sale pile) so I've got a nice big piece of material 8x15 i bought some PVC piping to make a bar for it.. and I'll be mounting it from my speaker stands... i love having stuff that works, but costs way less than what the "real stuff" costs.. it's great

Heres the light stand.

20081202-k5mhu2beidq8gfc5kbq74y5sjk.jpg

20081202-fetms774upkh497bukwbsn3hjd.jpg

20081202-cfgsfdbnb6n2r1cdgui4bfk8xt.jpg

Last edited:
It's always nice to be able to save some bucks and get good functionality. What kind of material are you using for a backdrop?

its called Tabling (thats what the recipt says) basically its the same material that you would use as a table cloth in a fancy banquet hall.. it's perfect... it's not see through, and its thick and sturdy... i'm very happy with it... i'll post some pics of it tomorrow as I have a photoshoot.

I went with white because i can very easily change its color using gels.

OPPS, I just made an edit to the orignal post.. it wasnt 60$ off it was 60%

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back