My new strobe gear came in. Yay!!!

saycheese76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Man, time draaaaaaaaaaaaaags when you're waiting for that brown truck to pull up. I ordered the strobist kit from MPEX. Here are the first results. Thanks for looking!
Jason
3369250661_3ee5d067fa_b.jpg

3370075138_df758e3351_b.jpg

3370074788_226245b91c_b.jpg

Congrats on the new gear, always fun.

Did the kit come with the 285 or MPEX's new flash?

Nice shots. How did you set up the lights? When doing strobist shots it's customary to include the shot info and strobist info (how many flashes used, what power were they set to, diffusers or modifiers used, etc...).

Which MPEX strobist kit did you get? If it came with the new LumoPro LP120s, how do you like them?

Thanks for the feedback, guys! The kit came with the LP120s. They are fantastic! The optical slave works quite well, and Moishe at MPEX is GREAT to deal with. I'd recommend the kit to anyone. I don't remember the power settings, but I shot one thru an umbrella high and camera right, close to the subjects. The other LP120 was bare, just to the left of me lighting the truck.

The kit came with the LP120s. They are fantastic!
Really? Cool...good to know. I'm thinking of picking up two more flashes and was wondering how the LumoPro LP120s were...a lot cheaper then getting two new Canon 430EX IIs. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I like ordering from MPEX...great service.

Really? Cool...good to know. I'm thinking of picking up two more flashes and was wondering how the LumoPro LP120s were...a lot cheaper then getting two new Canon 430EX IIs. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I like ordering from MPEX...great service.
You bet. I agree, MPEX is great to deal with.

Most reactions

Back