My New VOGUE Fashion Photos Now Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, great photography.

Not knocking the photography, but that outfit is truly hideous.

Isn't that the goal of fashion? The uglier it is, the more modern and sheik it is? The people who follow fashion designers around will worship anything they throw together, regardless of the appearance. Thus, things seem to get uglier every day. Same goes for some forms of "art." If two people throw some garbage together, but one is a famous "artist" and the other is a person off of the street... one would be considered art while the other remains garbage.

as Oscar Wilde put it "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."

That's fashion?
That's High Fashion. Fashion for the sake of fashion. It's not meant to be practical or even look sensible.

So high fashion shoots are specifically to photograph someone wearing an elaborate, expensive, and ugly get-up with the premise that no one will buy this outfit to wear in the real world?

Seems like a complete waste of resources and time to me. Now I know why Daniel Tosh cracks jokes about it on Tuesdays.

Last edited by a moderator:
chuasam said:
That's High Fashion. Fashion for the sake of fashion. It's not meant to be practical or even look sensible.

That makes no sense to me. I doubt I will ever understand fashion.

Very nice photograph though.

What?? You're my idol Ben! It's great you even found the time to join other forums as well :)

If anyone is interested in seeing my new VOGUE Fashion Photos for the April 2012 Issue and the 1st of two video's just click on the link below:

Benjamin Kanarek Blog | Benjamin Kanarek Blog

Have a Great Day
BenView attachment 3861
Incredible. I am working on becoming a fashion photographer. Do you have any helpful tips?

Dude, this thread is from last year and the user has been banned. You won't be hearing from him.

On that note.............

Anyone know WHY the user was banned? :lol:

If anyone is interested in seeing my new VOGUE Fashion Photos for the April 2012 Issue and the 1st of two video's just click on the link below:

Benjamin Kanarek Blog | Benjamin Kanarek Blog

Have a Great Day
BenView attachment 3861
Incredible. I am working on becoming a fashion photographer. Do you have any helpful tips?

Dude, this thread is from last year and the user has been banned. You won't be hearing from him.

On that note.............

Maybe because he never participated.. only would post photos with a link to his site? Basically the definition of spam! He was doing the same thing on every photography based forum out there.... more advertising than anything else. (this is only a guess though)

In the interests of providing a full and official answer the member in question was banned from the site because of his practice of only ever posting to plug his own blog/website (with occasional replies in those threads). Initially the forum admin did approach the user with regard to this behaviour to arrange for a more formal advertising agreement between them on the forum, however the admin never got a reply and the user continued to act as they always had. As a result, like all unsanctioned advertising, the users account was banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back