My newborn neice is here! *large share*

Aayria
I want to be as good as you when I grow up. These are just outstanding.:thumbup:

:) I Look forward to seeing your pictures. I love them! You're too hard on yourself sometimes... i understand that may be how you learn; However, You need to give your self the credit you deserve for you amazing photos!
I personally dont care for the Gigantic flower, but i see that a lot on baby portraits--must be the in thing. I think it is a little overpowering, but theyre still cute as ever. The pictures are priceless! Congrats on being a new Aunty~ :hug::

I love 5 & 6 and the others are amazing as well! Give your self a break and I think your bro/sis (whoever) will fall in love with every single one of them!

*gasp*

You mean you are NOT gonna follow the style that everyone else is doing, because it sells?

Them is some bold words chica!

:lol:

:thumbup:Good for you!

:hugs:

:lol:

Well...that is the plan! But it's hard at times, because I get so much inspiration from what everyone else is doing. Maybe I can blame days of slow creativity on lack of sleep from my own kids? ;)

I think it's more about doing "less", as in less propping,and more baby...she doesn't seem to feel that these represent her own,true style. In fact they look a LOT like Anne Geddes, the master of cliche. The pictures Geddes has become (in)famous for are very "cutesy"...kitschy,really. These hats sold through Etsy are reaching epic proportions; the shot of the baby on black is dominated by a huge hat, made specifically for a baby to be photographed in, and sold off the web to mothers-to-be...

I can see why one photographer might feel like these types of shots do not represent the type of work she wishes to be known for, since it seems that somewhere between 85 and about 95% of newborn photogs of the female gender are emulating Anne Geddes right down to the specific props, poses, colors, and lighting schemes...it all looks very contrived and highly stylized. Not that it is not widely accepted, but it does look, well...contrived and very much of an era...it's not timeless, it's not classic, it's not retro...it's ANNE GEDDES on steroids...

Again, not that there's anything wrong with Anne Geddes...but this is an awful lot like the ringlight shots that the Model Mayhem crew does over and over and over, as if a round catchlight with a big black dot in it "makes" the photography look "pro". There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. When the baby takes uop 20% of the frame,and the props are the remaining 80%, the balance has, IMHO, gone far too far toward the propping of the shot,and it's less about the baby than about the Etsy hat and the Etsy headband and the Etsy flower on the headband,etc,etc.

In defense of Anne Geddes, I *LOVE* her baby pictures. Love doesn't describe it. Her pictures are a huge part of what made me interested in newborn photography. But I agree..there are way too many Anne Geddes look alikes on the internet, and as much as she set a trend, I don't want all of my work to be an attempt to re-make what she has already done better than me:lol:

That being said, there are times when I am a sucker for trying out the cliche shots in my own way...but I think the comment about taking away from baby with props rings true. Finding a good mix between the trend and my own style is going to be my goal.

The Etsy comments made me LOL. I've "fanned" several newborn photographers on facebook, and it seems like more often than getting compliments on their work, they have people asking what Etsy shop they found this prop or that! It's hilariously sad. There are some great ideas on Etsy, but now not only are photographers "copying" each other's styles, but they're actually trying to do it with the *exact same* props! Admitedly, my teddy bear hat was from Etsy lol =P But I didn't pick it because I saw somebody else with it...it was just cute:blushing:

Aayria
I want to be as good as you when I grow up. These are just outstanding.:thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment! You have some nice shots of your own =) And as for the growing up comment.. I'm not *THAT* old geeeez!

:) I Look forward to seeing your pictures. I love them! You're too hard on yourself sometimes... i understand that may be how you learn; However, You need to give your self the credit you deserve for you amazing photos!
I personally dont care for the Gigantic flower, but i see that a lot on baby portraits--must be the in thing. I think it is a little overpowering, but theyre still cute as ever. The pictures are priceless! Congrats on being a new Aunty~ :hug::

Thanks! :hug:: I've been in super critical mode for a while now, and it's honestly making me a bit batty! I'm having a hard time being happy with any of my shots, and sometimes other people's shots because I *know* in my mind how much better they "could" look if they were done perfectly :lol: It's helped me learn a lot, but you're right...lightening up and enjoying the pictures, and the journey, would probably be a good thing!

The big flower is a bit big...but when I saw it at the craft store I HAD to at least try it once =P

I love 5 & 6 and the others are amazing as well! Give your self a break and I think your bro/sis (whoever) will fall in love with every single one of them!

Thanks so much =) You know, after sleeping on it a couple nights, I really am starting to like a couple of these a bit more. I still see things that could be improved, but I do realize how far I've come in a short while, and that feels good! I didn't pick up a DSLR until last March, and have been completely in love with learning photography since then =)

I don't think I said it, but this baby is adorable.

No arguments there!:lovey:

BEAUTIFUL!! Can I be nosy and ask what props you used and where did you get them from?? I LOVE the basket and furry blanket...where did you get it?

BEAUTIFUL!! Can I be nosy and ask what props you used and where did you get them from?? I LOVE the basket and furry blanket...where did you get it?

I'm sorry but this comment is incredibly ironic after previous conversations :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

But since you asked, the basket was just from the local craft store, and the blanket was lamb's wool that my sister in law keeps in the baby's crib.

Most reactions

Back