My Newest Model

TheNevadanStig

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonlighthallphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was walking the wetlands when this guy landed right by me in a fairly low shrub. Not skittish at all, I was able to get to about ten feet or so from it. I kept moving closer and closer staying wide to try and get the take-off shot, but he never did. Snapped about 300 shots before moving on, and he never did take flight :mrgreen: I don't think this was his first time, he definitely knew how to pose :lol:

423 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr

416 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr

388 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr

243 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr

225 by TheNevadanStig, on Flickr

I will never understand why you left such an amazing opportunity, you could have tried to take a selfie with him on your side ;)
Gorgeous shots Jason :)

Amazing! I particularly like his quizzical look in the last one.

Go ahead and shot me will ya :). These are killer shots Jas, wonderful details and the sharpness is darn good in these. To pick a favourite would be a crime, all fantastic and decent close looking shots. The eyes are all bang on ......... so if ;) I had to pick one, it would be the last one. Only because its unusual and I always love those funny looks we get, that really appeals. All are outstanding though IMO. Love those natural settings.

Amazing how many shots you folks take. :) I would take only about 50 shots in 8 hours, hey I'm old and slow, LOL.

All the best Jason, great work and shots.

Danny.

I like #3 -- See how it is posed enough with its head looking at your signature? I know...I know...that is not why you put your signature up there nor the purpose of the shot, but I like that curious pose. The next one #4 has a sad look on its eyes. All of them are excellent shots...

Dang, these are good!!!

Must be related to Kris's hawk :thumbsup:

I will never understand why you left such an amazing opportunity, you could have tried to take a selfie with him on your side ;)
Gorgeous shots Jason :)

If you can take a selfie with a 70-300 on the camera, you've got longer arms than me! :)

Love that you caught it in the shrub. I really like the last 3 because of that.

I think there is a theme. The more birdographers that join the addiction, the more the raptors and others will be willing to pose for us. Hmm, maybe we can be called birdarazzi's?

Jason, Jason, Jason, you nailed it awesome shots!

Nope. It was a red tailed, or at least I'm 90% sure he was. Got a good look at him coming in for the landing. We get quite a variation of colors with them here.

Beautiful shots!! My fav is the last one love his expression.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back