What's new

My oldest - c & c welcome.

ronlane

What's next?
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
10,224
Reaction score
4,962
Location
Mustang Oklahoma
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken yesterday, after her first day of school for the year. She was tired and didn't feel like modeling, but she did anyway for me. I think the camera really likes her. Oh and I added my new and improved WM on it. (Thanks for the pointers Aaron.)


IMG_4803 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr
 
Hi :)

This is a nice family photo. There are several things I would consider that might improve it:


  • It's cropped a bit too tightly at her feet and head. Try leaving a little more room so it doesn't feel claustrophobic.
  • There's something dark on the left that should be cloned or cropped out. It's distracting.
  • Her pose and expression are saying she's uncomfortable and embarrassed. I'd try engaging her is a relaxing conversation of something she loves - tv show, book, major experience, something that gets her expressing herself comfortably and confidently. Then capture the moment.
  • Perhaps compose the shot from the waist up(?).

Otherwise, I like the simple and effective composition and technique. It's a good start.
 
Hi :)

This is a nice family photo. There are several things I would consider that might improve it:


  • It's cropped a bit too tightly at her feet and head. Try leaving a little more room so it doesn't feel claustrophobic.
  • There's something dark on the left that should be cloned or cropped out. It's distracting.
  • Her pose and expression are saying she's uncomfortable and embarrassed. I'd try engaging her is a relaxing conversation of something she loves - tv show, book, major experience, something that gets her expressing herself comfortably and confidently. Then capture the moment.
  • Perhaps compose the shot from the waist up(?).

Otherwise, I like the simple and effective composition and technique. It's a good start.

Thanks Jaemie, Yeah, I missed that crop to start with, it's the drain on the house. She was tired from her first day of school and did the best she could. I will work with her to get some better ones of her. I cropped it to get that drain out and because that seems to be one of the biggest c's that is given on here, so I guess I just took it a little too far.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom