Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$organ.jpg
f/1.8
ISO 1250
1/800
35mm

I think my DOF was too short because I wish the whole "AMERICAN" was in focus, but what say ye?

My god, that title scared me :lol:

I like the ultra shallow DOF, personally. Was the "American" your intended "sub-subject?"

From its condition, it's been handled quite a bit but, for such an old small one, it might still work as long as you don't pull on the top things or bang on the rest too hard.

Be careful, it may quit anytime and never work again.
If that happens, just push it into the corner and go on with your life.

Is that the kind of answer you were looking for?

From its condition, it's been handled quite a bit but, for such an old small one, it might still work as long as you don't pull on the top things or bang on the rest too hard.

You mean we can't take it to the bar gig tomorrow night? Nothing like a little organ music to liven up the crowd on a Friday night.

I can assure you, that while it may not look pretty, it still plays great and leaves no listener unsatisfied.

Your organ looks a little dusty.

I'd say it needs more DOF; that or shoot a portion of it straight on.

I can assure you, that while it may not look pretty, it still plays great and leaves no listener unsatisfied.

From its dusty condition, my guess is that you might be the rare and only listener - and thus easy to satisfy.

I don't know if the DOF is too shallow or if the focus is just a tad too forward. I think if you would have moved the focus back a hair, you may almost have pulled it off.

Pshhh, blurring in post was just about the easiest thing to accomplish in the olden days.

Pshhh, blurring in post was just about the easiest thing to accomplish in the olden days.

I like to imagine that it involved steam, coal and men in stove pipe hats furiously smelting.

Most reactions

Back