My other hobbies pictures

jmann8686

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My other two hobbies are knives and leather work. Here are a few photos. These are taken with an iPhone.
This one was taken with my old iPhone 5. Used color splash to make the copper scale color and leave the rest black and white.
358a8312d06e31194074e8434da11394.jpg

These two were taken with an iPhone 6s
a0cad096ec64d3096bfd43f2cb34f856.jpg

And some leatherwork in this one.
7bb1957f8d5952b5559dcb0aed95c6b2.jpg

I #1 like the best. But #3 is nice too. Amazing how good camera phones are getting.

Your knives are very nice. I assume you made them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Your knives are very nice. I assume you made them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wish I did. The first one is a Boker Nano. The copper scale was on the knife when I got it from a buddy. It was made by on guy on instagram who makes knife scales for a hobby. I did on the other hand do the two tone acid/stone wash on the blade. The pocket clip is acid/stone washed as well.

The second and third picture are of the same knife. It was made by Anthony Griffin. He is a custom knife maker who I found on instagram. I have done some leather work for him and made a sheath for one of his knifes for a customer of his. The knife is my first custom folder that he made for me. It was my birthday gift. I have been waiting since August for it. I have had it for almost a week now.

I would like to be able to make knives like that. I like to create things with my hands. Just right now I have too many other hobbies. and saving up for a new camera is one of them.

Are these purposeful knives or only art subjects?
The big one is my everyday carry knife. I use it everyday. Cutting open boxes and breaking cardboard down and everyday task that working in a warehouse consists of. The Damascus blade is just a secondary knife that I carry and use depending on the company I'm in. I usually carry a small slip joint knife in my watch pocket for opening mail and such sorts. But today I felt like carrying the skyline. And it goes with the new wallet that I made.

How long did the red leather design take you in #3. The tooling is very nice, especially the cross hatch in the temple area. May like talk with you off line about getting some leather work done....

How long did the red leather design take you in #3. The tooling is very nice, especially the cross hatch in the temple area. May like talk with you off line about getting some leather work done....
My usual time is about two weeks due to work and other leather projects. But I was waiting on supplies and had a lazy weekend and I did most the tooling and dying over the weekend. Stitched it up on Monday and sealed it today. There is another pic I just posted. Feel free to PM me. And we can chat.

Most reactions

Back