My other hobby

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't expect anybody on here to consider this "good" photography, but since I made these photos for another forum, I thought "why not just post up what I've been doing"?

I spent Sunday afternoon assembling parts to build a new rifle. It is a Ruger 10/22 made without very many actual Ruger parts.

The "before and after":

DSC_2904 - Version 2.jpg
DSC_2910 - Version 2.jpg

10/22's are such cool little guns. Shoot 'em all day without breaking the bank.

Threaded muzzle (I think), are you going to put a can on it?

10/22's are such cool little guns. Shoot 'em all day without breaking the bank.

Probably not a can, but perhaps a compensator. For now, there is a thread protector on the threaded end.

I still have some additional parts to purchase.

Probably not a can, but perhaps a compensator. For now, there is a thread protector on the threaded end.

I still have some additional parts to purchase.[/QUOTE]
A guy that shoots at the range I RSO at shoots a precision 22 from time to time and he has a can on it. It gives them an odd sound, not really quieter just different.

I have a VG6 Epsilon comp on my AR and they are pretty much the opposite of a can. That thing is loud but effective ;)

What's the total weight of your new rifle?

Nice little ranch rifle dar pardn'r...

I have (had) a 10-22 with a Houge overmould and heavy bbl.

That thing looks like a fun one.

Compensator for sure, and provided they dont go anti on us, a can would be fun.
I knew a gentleman that made cans and did a full integral suppressor on a 10-22 that was all stainless.
He was willing to sell it to me for a small fee of $3500. (This was in 1999).

Nice little ranch rifle dar pardn'r...

I have (had) a 10-22 with a Houge overmould and heavy bbl.

That thing looks like a fun one.

Compensator for sure, and provided they dont go anti on us, a can would be fun.
I knew a gentleman that made cans and did a full integral suppressor on a 10-22 that was all stainless.
He was willing to sell it to me for a small fee of $3500. (This was in 1999).
Thank you!

The small amount of competition shooting I do is with Project Appleseed.

Project Appleseed | Project Appleseed

Last edited:
Very nice build. Care to share the specifics?

As SCraig said, "10/22's are cool little guns". I have a couple. My first one is close to stock and used for critter removal. The second, is a full bull pup mod. Purely fun. The next one will be a match grade build.

Cheap to shoot and fun to build. Many variants in my circle of family and friends. My oldest son has the Archangel mod, the youngest a G36?

I myself would like to build a super lightweight/accurate 10/22.

Excellent photo's by the way. #1 is my favorite.

Very nice build. Care to share the specifics?
16-1/2" bull barrel and railed receiver from Brownell's.

Ruger bolt and bolt hardware, recoil spring and guide rod, Ruger BX fire control group, and Magpul X22 Hunter stock, all from Brownell's.

Domed sling studs and sling swivels from Magpul.

Cheap-A$$ telescopic sight from some outfit on E-bay.

Some 10-round Ruger magazines also from E-bay.

I will test it without any muzzle device first, then maybe try a compensator (.22lr, LOL!)

Already had the sling that I use on my AR-15.

I plan to install an automatic (one-hand) bolt release and an extended magazine release eventually.

Maybe a better scope someday, depending on how badly I "need" it.

I can get a very tight group with my AR (aperture rear, post front) in prone, but after a long day shooting about 300 rounds, I tend to lose my concentration, and the groups open up considerably. I think the scope will help.

Maybe a better scope someday, depending on how badly I "need" it.

I can get a very tight group with my AR (aperture rear, post front) in prone, but after a long day shooting about 300 rounds, I tend to lose my concentration, and the groups open up considerably. I think the scope will help.

On my little 10-22 ranch I put an old Weaver adjustable 3-9, and I love it because I have the single wire crosshairs.

To about 90+/- yards its tack on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back