My Photo of the day :) C&C please

OffTheWall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ievil.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was going for a lonely weary shot, i honestly don't think i accomplished it as its not dark enough, simply still to bright wish the grass was a little darker and the shadow on the brick wall was not there :)

4709971241_3b33146f44_b.jpg

Both of those things you could fix in pp. I think a different angle where you see more of the swing seperated from the tree and no fence would have worked better. Maybe off to the right more from where you shot this. I dont like how the right hand side of the swing blends in with the tree and I found the fence and the tree behind the main tree distracting.

I second the idea about moving the camera to the right. Also, the grass is maybe a little to white for my taste. The wood on the swing would really pop if the grass were darker. Not bad overall though. :)

I agree, the main problem is the grass is hiding the swing. If you are using photoshop, try grabbing the grass using like color range or magic wand. Then you can alter its color with the saturation adjustment layer. You can then convert to B&W and keep tweaking that Saturation layer until the grass is a color that works better in the B&W. Still not a great angle though.

i also agree on the angle, luckily its my next door neighbor :), im going to try again with a larger aperture, and the swing actually moving kind of ghost like or more of a lonely feeling.

I think the idea you have for this picture is great! I agree that you should move to the right...and separate the swing from the tree. With proper execution, this picture will be fabulous!

different angle would probably make it a better picture. Also as I'm learning with my B&W shots that in pp you can simulate using a color filter that would help darken the green grass.

Can you post the original here and maybe everyone can take a stab at PP?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back