My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit

This seems to me like a not so subtle passive-aggressive attempt to put down of those of us who want to use whatever tools available to do a favor for someone else. And to somehow elevate yourself as a wordsmith who can describe even the most subtle of visual elements in words.Perhaps so.
Your armchair psychology session notwithstanding, it's not meant to put anyone down, but to express what I honestly think and feel about the issue. If you feel put down when you read it, maybe some inner reflection on why you feel that way would be helpful to you. You may be familiar with the old phrase, "If the shoe fits..."That said, it wouldn't hurt for people to learn how to use words and phrases to convey their thoughts if they're not able to do that yet. It's a good skill set to have as a tool, and not just for this forum or photography critiques. That's why I included the link to PhotoSIG - it's a great place to learn how to do that.
Why not just respect how we want to work and you do things your own way without this verbal weenie-wagging?
I respect it already. I'm not telling anyone to change what they're doing or how they do it. I'm not saying anyone's wrong for allowing or not allowing their photos to be edited, nor for editing or not editing the photos of those who allow it. Unlike some here, I really don't care what ANYONE else does in that regard. I also don't hold back from comments and critiques by posting pissy comments instead like, "I'd help but you won't allow your photos to be edited, so too bad for you", the way I see some folks around here do it.The question was asked "why" do some not allow their photos to edited. I simply answered honestly. If you don't like it that I answered, too bad for you, but it's not "verbal weenie wagging" on my part to simply participate in a conversation.
PheewwwwwNow I'mREALLY feeling good about spending that $25 to joint this Warm and Fuzzy Forum. :confused:
you're about to feel worse it's actually free to join this forum :lol:

This seems to me like a not so subtle passive-aggressive attempt to put down of those of us who want to use whatever tools available to do a favor for someone else. And to somehow elevate yourself as a wordsmith who can describe even the most subtle of visual elements in words.
Perhaps so.
Your armchair psychology session notwithstanding, it's not meant to put anyone down, but to express what I honestly think and feel about the issue. If you feel put down when you read it, maybe some inner reflection on why you feel that way would be helpful to you. You may be familiar with the old phrase, "If the shoe fits..."

That said, it wouldn't hurt for people to learn how to use words and phrases to convey their thoughts if they're not able to do that yet. It's a good skill set to have as a tool, and not just for this forum or photography critiques. That's why I included the link to PhotoSIG - it's a great place to learn how to do that.

Why not just respect how we want to work and you do things your own way without this verbal weenie-wagging?
I respect it already. I'm not telling anyone to change what they're doing or how they do it. I'm not saying anyone's wrong for allowing or not allowing their photos to be edited, nor for editing or not editing the photos of those who allow it. Unlike some here, I really don't care what ANYONE else does in that regard. I also don't hold back from comments and critiques by posting pissy comments instead like, "I'd help but you won't allow your photos to be edited, so too bad for you", the way I see some folks around here do it.

The question was asked "why" do some not allow their photos to edited. I simply answered honestly. If you don't like it that I answered, too bad for you, but it's not "verbal weenie wagging" on my part to simply participate in a conversation.

Pheewwwww
Now I'mREALLY feeling good about spending that $25 to joint this Warm and Fuzzy Forum. :confused:

It gets interesting at times.. lol.. :) but in general it is a great place!

yeah, no. Priveleges come with the $25.

Yeah, I know it's free to join, just thought I may have found myself a permanent home and being able to utilize the storage would be worth the $25. But MAN, I don’t know. Some of these folks are B-R-U-T-A-L

Yeah, I know it's free to join, just thought I may have found myself a permanent home and being able to utilize the storage would be worth the $25. But MAN, I don’t know. Some of these folks are B-R-U-T-A-L
:lol: I figured you knew it was free, just being funny

My photo are ok to edit
For me it has proved valuable when someone does some technique I don't know well. This causes me to go back and learn how that person achieved what they did. Also with the edited photo as a comparison I can judge my success in trying new technique.

He was referring to the $25....did you read that post?

There are much worse forums. Or is that just 'Tough Love'? ;)

Some of the young posters here are just B-R-U-T-A-L. I thnik other forums handle this influx better...

I put it cuz Im only new to the site and my Camera settings not to editing or photoshop as im a graphics designer and I edit photos a lot, If I can't get a photo to look right I figured I'd post and see what others can help with. I just liked to be asked if they can or I like to "Need" to ask for help on stuff.

I put it cuz Im only new to the site and my Camera settings not to editing or photoshop as im a graphics designer and I edit photos a lot, If I can't get a photo to look right I figured I'd post and see what others can help with.

Don't know what that says but ok...

I put it cuz Im only new to the site and my Camera settings not to editing or photoshop as im a graphics designer and I edit photos a lot, If I can't get a photo to look right I figured I'd post and see what others can help with.

Don't know what that says but ok...

Ph0enix.. she is a graphics designer, not an English major! Your translation skills are lacking, you need to watch more TV! tsk tsk! ;P lol!

Most reactions

Back