my pictures

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, all! ive been taking pictures for about 4 or 5 months now on an old used canon eos a2 i bought dirt cheap off of my friend. i mainly use my 50mm 1.8 which i love dearly. also, my grandfather lets me borrow his sigma 70-200 which can be pretty fun too. when im lazy, a friend lets me use his polaroid camera as long as i make sure to give him back his camera with a new pack of film. i havent taken any photo classes yet as i spent all my money for school this semester on a trip to europe this summer (totally worth it) so im all self-taught which is probably visible in my photos. hah. anyways, heres some of my pictures, let me know what you think.

this is curtis, hes been a barber for 47 years and i met him one day wandering through town. he was really nice and didnt mind letting me snap a few shots of him.

rosaura i met one day when i was out for lunch with my girlfriend. she works in a parking lot collecting parking fees. she excited to pose for a picture once she realized i wasnt a pervert because shed been kooked up in that little box all day.

some art on a rock at the beach

random hispanic guy at the beach

my cat was hungry i guess

i didnt get to have any ice cream that day :(

our car broke down 1000 miles from home.

one of the nicest kids ive ever met.

more polaroid fun

all done!

ill post more later.

I really enjoyed these. They're good clean images with intriguing compositions.

Heya calculatinginfinity and welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D
(We must think of a shorter name for you! Who can type out all that without a typo??? ;) ;) ;))

I'm with our switch-fix (erm: Sw1tchFX) here. Very enjoyable photos. No wonder you chose photography for your hobby. You have the eye and also quite a good amount of knowledge on how to use a camera and how to compose a photo. You have so far taught yourself well! :thumbup:

You are a natural! I like #1 and #7. Careful with #1's white shirt and lighting combo, his right shoulder is overexposed. But, still, I really like #1.

Sweet shots! I'm really impressed, I love shooting polaroid. Good work, I'm excited to see more.

thanks for all the comments, especially the one about his shoulder being over exposed, i never noticed that! im glad you enjoy and i have some more i plan on uploading later today or sometime this weekend.

heres some more that ive uploaded. 1. my friends little sister

his other little sister

random people at the beach

abandoned golf course near my house

thanks for looking!

i think maybe i should crop out a little off the right on number 4 but im not sure.

some of the best artists the world has seen were self taught, you have a good natural eye. Your pics remind me of shots from the 50's and 60's, natural everyday subjects shot with an arty perspective. You seem to have the knack of catching the naturalness of the people you shoot, look forward to more.

i didnt even notice the cars until after the picture was developed. oh well.

north carolina

Most reactions

Back