My Random Photo - Oppinions please :D

I think you need a bigger watermark

Bad tilt, bad watermark... what more can I say....

I agree.....

Oh wait that was an attempt at sarcasm...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Make sure your pictures are level (unless purposely tilting them as in #1). Easy to do in PP with a crop. I like your exposure in most. Did you achieve the look with white balance or did you apply a filter in PP? A few look like they have had HDR treatment (did you use multiple exposures?). Some nice pics in this group but it is easier to give CC with fewer.

Nightshots-3 and Nighshots-4 are much better. The subject is actually interesting, rather than being an up-scale strip mall tilted to make it look more "interesting". You've got a bit of an eye for the night photograph, and have made some pretty nice photographs. This one just isn't one of them.

Normally I don't ***** about watermarks, but that one's actually very intrusive and difficult to "see past" to look at the image.

Make sure your pictures are level (unless purposely tilting them as in #1). Easy to do in PP with a crop. I like your exposure in most. Did you achieve the look with white balance or did you apply a filter in PP? A few look like they have had HDR treatment (did you use multiple exposures?). Some nice pics in this group but it is easier to give CC with fewer.

I meant to do the tilt, I thought it made a slightly dull image a little more striking.

I always shoot RAW and tweak in lightroom, can't remember all the edit steps but I will have a look at the history and see.
I did do some HDR work I believe, to be honest I was just fiddling till I got something I liked the look of :)

I was still very new to LR at the time (still am) but I'm definitely getting their with it, and loving how I can make good images stunning (or at least that's the plan lol).

Thanks for the comments, however I'm still unsure as too what "CC" means.
It took me a while to understand what was meant by "PP" too LOL

:D

Nightshots-3 and Nighshots-4 are much better. The subject is actually interesting, rather than being an up-scale strip mall tilted to make it look more "interesting". You've got a bit of an eye for the night photograph, and have made some pretty nice photographs. This one just isn't one of them.

Normally I don't ***** about watermarks, but that one's actually very intrusive and difficult to "see past" to look at the image.

Thanks for the comments, I was trying to be creative by doing the tilt, I dunno maybe it works maybe it don't, but I kinda like it :D

As for the watermark, ***** all you like. I've since decided I HATE how I did it and don't do it now LOL
So much so that I'm gonna remove them and upload redone pics.

Ah sorry. I tend to abbreviate.
CC = Constructive Criticism
PP= Post Production (Lightroom/Photoshop/etc)

I understood your tilt in the first one. Several of the others are only a few degrees off of horizontal. Those are the ones that, in my opinion, should be straightened in Lightroom. I have had the same problem in that I just can't seem to shoot straight but something to keep an eye on when you edit.

As soon as I saw the HUGE water mark I left the page. If I wanted to look at a image with YOU as the subject I would ask for a portrait of you.

Ah sorry. I tend to abbreviate.
CC = Constructive Criticism
PP= Post Production (Lightroom/Photoshop/etc)

I understood your tilt in the first one. Several of the others are only a few degrees off of horizontal. Those are the ones that, in my opinion, should be straightened in Lightroom. I have had the same problem in that I just can't seem to shoot straight but something to keep an eye on when you edit.

Yah I already got the PP one :thumbup:

Hadn't really noticed they were slightly wonky when they were meant to be straight, I'll take a look I've worked out how to do the straighten with LR, as my original church picture looked like the leaning tower of pizza.

POINT TAKEN about the watermark, so please critique the photo and pretend its not their. Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back