What's new

My RAWs BLOW!

Have you got a photo of the inside of a ducks ass so we can compare :lol:
 
I haven't read all the responses so maybe it's been answered. The reason for your first shot being not sharp has nothing to do with equipment. You shot at 1/4th handheld. You are darn near asking the impossible of your camera doing that and you would have to be made of lead to be steady enough to get a very sharp shot handheld at that shutter speed.

The second shot doesn't seem reasonably unsharp to me....it's just very flat and lacking some contrast. A lack of contrast can lead to a photo looking unsharp. Bump the conrast slightly (but don't go overboard....which you did in the first shot), and sharpness will seem to increase as well.


You just need to make sure you aren't asking the impossible of your equipment. Shooting 1/4th second handheld is asking too much of your camera.


Oh, and the red car is sharper because you were at 1/200th...easier to prevent motion blur at that shutter speed. The cat is at 1/60th but you used flash which will help stop motion as well.

1. Where did you get that I was shooting handheld at 1/4? If I have to go under 1/60 I am on a tripod.

2. Thank you.

3. Thank you again, but I was shooting on a good tripod.

I'm aware of shutter speed, exposure, etc. etc. and how they all corellate. I don't think I'm a beginner at this point in most aspects, but shooting RAW, I'm having trouble.
 
Those shots do look a little soft. Feels like your camera has some focusing issues?

Have you tried editing your RAW's in other software? I've never used Aperture so I don't know much about it. See if you can get a hold of a computer with Photoshop CS3 or CS4 and edit your pictures in it. Or maybe send the RAW file to someone to process in Photoshop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom