My Robert Frost inspired...

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went to shoot these after re-reading (for i lost count which time) Robert Frost's Stopping by woods on a snowy evening. All the pics came out with a blue hue and these are the only two that looked acceptable with it.
Hope you like ;)

robertfrost2.jpg

roberstfrost1.jpg

Raymond J Barlow said:
that first shot is awesome Alex, wonderful in so many ways! so cool to see you are out often!! good for you.

I agree alex, that first one is sweet :thumbup:

Very nice Alexandra... I like the first shot a lot. We haven't had any snow yet this year and that's really unusual.

The blue hue makes it look like a late evening pic (but I'm assuming it wasn't). To get the snow really white you need to overexpose a stop and a half, maybe 2. I carry a gray card in my backpack and use it to meter in those tricky conditions. Not meant as criticism, just for information...:)

i love that poem, and your shots go really well with the imagery that Frost creates. Great colour and detail.

That first pic looks great :D

The blue hue and snow makes the dark tree stand out.

these are good, BTW snow often tricks your cameras white balance esp, in the morning and afternoon when the sunlight has more orange in it. A good reason to shoot raw or manually adjust your wb using a patch of snow.

JonK said:
really nice alex...the second one is doin it for me.

Why does this not surprise me?
Even before I got to reading your comment, Jon, I was thinking "Photo 2 is almost a 'JonK-Pic'!" :D

Were you out when it was "The Blue Hour"? At some point in time during dusk on some days suddenly all the reds disappear in the light and the world gets very blue - it doesn't happen every evening at dusk, only sometimes, but when it happens it can be quite intense. Visible to the naked eye, too. Lovely time for photos, if you like the blue cast! Some photographers actually go for it, only go out in the mornings or at nightfall to catch just this magic light.

guys, thanks for the amazing comments :D

corinna, it was indeed the "blue hour", although i didn't notice it at the moment cause that lighting was all around, but when i saw the pics on my screen, i was surprised to see them all blue.
If i feel up for it, i might go shoot a little bit at sunrise tomorrow morning to see what i can get... usually here we have a nice warm cast at sunrise... but that's when the sky is clear, so i hope i'll get nice weather tomorrow too :D

nice shots alex, i especially like that 1st one! your photo makes me wish i knew the poem, but i don't believe i have ever read anything by frost...

Most reactions

Back