2.)
2928720928_f99e6599b3_o.jpg

3)
2928720936_dca7366f28_o.jpg

4.)
2928720970_2fa48d4080_o.jpg

Did you figure out those Actions? was it you? haha... i dont remember...haha

#4 is my favorite one...

I figured out the Actions to a certain extent.
However, I gave up on them, and these are actually edited 100% by me. :]

The sky is severely blown in the third photo. Beyond rescue.

Photo 2 looks like the aperture was too wide, it ought to be sharp all the way from foreground to far background, but most of what is further away is blurred already, and effect that you might have tried to remedy by sharpening, now the foreground looks quite oversharpened.

The sky is severely blown in the third photo. Beyond rescue.

Photo 2 looks like the aperture was too wide, it ought to be sharp all the way from foreground to far background, but most of what is further away is blurred already, and effect that you might have tried to remedy by sharpening, now the foreground looks quite oversharpened.

Yeah, that would have been such a great shot if the sky wasn't blown. But, now that I think about it, I might have accidentally blown it with the PP. I'm going to go back and open the original, and see how it looks. If I can fix it, I'll post the results of it.

I'm new at photography, so I'm still learning, and still experimenting with exposures and aperture. A wide aperture (low f number) is used for night photos, photos with low light, and photos you wish to have DOF in, correct? So if it's a bright day out, and I'm trying to take a landscape picture, what would you recommend for the aperture? I think I used 4.5 or 5 in those, which would probably explain why parts of the photos in the background are blurred.

Thanks guys.

On bright days, f8 or even smaller works fine.
Back in the 70s, when I had my very first camera, on which NOTHING was automatic, I had to work with the "sunny 16" rule (not knowing it existed, mind you). I had to somehow GUESS aperture and shutter speed, and on bright days like those you seem to have in Florida (please go into the Off Topics, by the way, and look for my "HELP"-thread there!), something like f16 at 1/125sec. might always work. (But hey, I'm in the process of outing myself as not knowing the first thing about photography here, so you had better wait for the REAL photography cracks on here to explain to you in scientific detail how this correlation works, I can't. I can only just play and guess and hope for the best).

Most reactions

Back