What's new

MY shots don't look like this.

TheWoz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 5, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
2
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this picture on the Smoky Mountain facebook page. I've been down there a few times this year and my pictures are not even close. But THIS shot is what I'm trying to achieve I'm very new to taking pictures but I understand the basic concepts None the less I'm not even close to getting this kind of vivid shot. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get a similar shot?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/542069_452320028151336_831445331_n.jpg
**Edit**
 
Last edited:
A moderator will be along shortly to explain the rules .... this is some kind of over processed image ...maybe HDR maybe overshop
 
Dear Woz,
It is illegal to post some one else's image here and TPF don't permit this; you could have given link, which i think is allotted; i think you will get god advice from here
All The Best :D
 
This is an HDR image. 2 or more shots taken at different exposure levels and then combined to ensure optimal exposure in the both the darkest and brightest areas.

And in my opinion it has been rather over-cooked. The saturation has been given one hell of a boot in post, which is why the haze over the furthest mountains is such a vivid blue and the colours are almost radioactive! But if you like it, go for it!

How To: HDR Photography
 
Last edited:
Ahh didn't realize. Thanks for the heads up! I replaced it with a link to the url.

Forkie-That sounds intense. I was secretly hoping for a turn the fstop to this and ...blah blah lol. I think it looks out of this world, which is why I'm so drawn to it. When I remember places like this in my mind...I feel like I remember them with vivid colors. Thanks for the link. I'm going to look into that!
 
I saw this picture on the Smoky Mountain facebook page. I've been down there a few times this year and my pictures are not even close. But THIS shot is what I'm trying to achieve I'm very new to taking pictures but I understand the basic concepts None the less I'm not even close to getting this kind of vivid shot. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to get a similar shot?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/542069_452320028151336_831445331_n.jpg
**Edit**

It just looks like they over saturated it...

Agraduated neutral density filter could have been used also.
 
Thank God my shots dont look like that.

^^THIS. Exactly!
The Smoky Mountains are pretty much my backyard (okay, NO, they are NOT my backyard literally...I have to drive to them. But not far.) I am STILL trying to get some of the shots of the area that I *dream* about, but that picture right there is more the stuff my nightmares are made of. :lol:
 
That image makes me cringe ... like too much sugar in your coffee. I guess you know what I mean.
 
Thank God my shots dont look like that.

^^THIS. Exactly!
The Smoky Mountains are pretty much my backyard (okay, NO, they are NOT my backyard literally...I have to drive to them. But not far.) I am STILL trying to get some of the shots of the area that I *dream* about, but that picture right there is more the stuff my nightmares are made of. :lol:
I completely agree.
There are blue trees for goodness' sake.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom