My Son

laynea24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this during an urgent bathroom trip for our puppy. That's why he's half in his jammies and half naked. I am holding a speedlite high and to my left. That's what he's looking at!

$IMG_5052e.jpg

I would like to know what everyone thinks about this photo and where I could have improved it. I guess I should have mentioned that in the original post! Haha

No feedback? I know this can't be perfect!

There is nothing wrong with this pic, especially since it wasn't planned. Post something that is planned and meant to be an actual shot

A cute kid though for sure, I know capturing toddlers is tough!

Agree ^^ . . . color looks good, and he's got amazing eyes! Is he about 18 months? I cannot get mine to sit still for photos :)

I would try for eye contact, move that green toy out of the way, and crop out reddish stuff on the outsides of the steps.

PinkDoor said:
Agree ^^ . . . color looks good, and he's got amazing eyes! Is he about 18 months? I cannot get mine to sit still for photos :)

When I do shoots of mine, I play his fave movie "Cars/Cars 2" on an iPad in the area I'm shooting from and I do silly things to make him laugh.. Little secrets ;)

PinkDoor said:

When I do shoots of mine, I play his fave movie "Cars/Cars 2" on an iPad in the area I'm shooting from and I do silly things to make him laugh.. Little secrets ;)

We do a lot of outdoor shots with our little lady. . . She is in the explorer mode and "get the camera away from me" mode. My 5 year old is quiet the male model though! He likes to give every emotion possible!

PinkDoor said:
We do a lot of outdoor shots with our little lady. . . She is in the explorer mode and "get the camera away from me" mode. My 5 year old is quiet the male model though! He likes to give every emotion possible!

Ha! Love it..

The only thing would be the green toy in the background is distracting, however I understand this was not a planned shot.

PhotoBrody said:
There is nothing wrong with this pic, especially since it wasn't planned. Post something that is planned and meant to be an actual shot

Thanks! Will do!

PhotoBrody said:
A cute kid though for sure, I know capturing toddlers is tough!

Thanks! It really is! When he sees my camera, he starts ignoring me completely. I usually play peekaboo from behind the camera. That works for a little while and then he's back to ignoring me!

PinkDoor said:

Thank you! He's 17 months. He rarely sits still, but he loves sitting on these steps!

paigew said:
I would try for eye contact, move that green toy out of the way, and crop out reddish stuff on the outsides of the steps.

Thanks for the advice.

What for did you need the speedlight? Its an ok photo, more of a snap shot. Maybe set a shot up next time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back