MY STEREO!!!! SHE FREAKIN' LIVES!!!

I have found that all car electrical is a mess. At least it's not british, reverse grounded (positive ground) or 24V! My buddy rebuilt an old MG that had all of four fuses for the entire car, what a mess.

I had a Spitfire like that... that I totally rewired. Whole new harness... that was no fun! lol! But it was a hoot to drive...

My 4 cylinder Jeep Cherokee is at 187k now, no major problems. I replaced the entire suspension last year, steering box ripped off the frame (it's a known problem with the gearbox mount...), new brakes, alternator, radiator few years ago, there are a few leaks here and there but it still shifts so smoothly for its miles. I'm looking to get rid of it but it's been a very reliable and utilitarian for my uses.

lol! Cherokee was the last Jeep product I would have owned! Especially with the old AMC straight six in it! They were pretty bulletproof!

I have found that all car electrical is a mess. At least it's not british, reverse grounded (positive ground) or 24V! My buddy rebuilt an old MG that had all of four fuses for the entire car, what a mess.

I had a Spitfire like that... that I totally rewired. Whole new harness... that was no fun! lol! But it was a hoot to drive...

You had a spitfire? I thought only girls had those. Well, and my friend Jer who loves them. :) He currently has a 1965 one I think... it's in MINT condition. 24K original miles on the thing and had a really well-done ground up restoration several years back. It's SO weird to drive it. Its like driving a BRAND NEW car... only it's a spitfire. You get so used to all the old brits rattling and pinging all the time, but this thing feels pretty much just as new as any modern car. Very bizarre.

He also has a 1959 Triumph TR3A. SUCH A NICE CAR.

How do you people go through soo many cars?! I've had 3 cars in 17 years...lol Two of those cars were used when I bought them. You people crazy.

I'd like to point out that half of those cars I listed were my wife's. Actually more than half since I've had my VW since 2004. :)

...All German car electrical systems tend to be a mess.
Ever worked on British stuff? There's a reason that anyone who has refers to Lucas as, "The Prince of Darkness!" Your German stuff is top-drawer in comparison!!! :lol:

...All German car electrical systems tend to be a mess.
Ever worked on British stuff? There's a reason that anyone who has refers to Lucas as, "The Prince of Darkness!" Your German stuff is top-drawer in comparison!!! :lol:

I used to own one of these:

tr7_09.jpg

So yeah, I'm familar.

I tell you the knobs on that thing were to die for though. And the struts? Hoo yeah. So firm! That baby really handled. And the headlights! oh my god... up... and down... up... and down.

What?

THE CAR, you sicko!

Actually the headlights were a freakin' disaster.

First, they were zinc because they wanted them to be light enough to handle going up and down all the time, but hey... guess what... paint doesn't stick to zinc.

Second, the dip****s at triumph and lucas decided... "Hey, rather than have a motor that goes two ways and stops at an extreme point for each, let's have the motor only go ONE way, and we'll have this stupidly complicated series of rubber stoppers and relays so it'll 'bump' and trigger a relay stopping the motion."

Yeah... BRILLIANT design. I spent plenty of hours hand-cranking the right headlight up and down. My girlfriend was very patient.

Oh and then the stupid dual carbs which were constantly falling out of sync. Plenty of nights pulled over re-calibrating them while my girlfriend waited in the car. Did I mention she was patient?

God I loved that stupid piece of crap. Loved it loved it loved it.

I actually inherited the car from my dad... really his big mistake was not picking up one of THESE...

modelpicture.php

Nothin' hotter than getting that top off, I tell you.

What?

Oh my god will you people PLEASE get your minds out of the gutter.

You had a spitfire? I thought only girls had those. .

My Mother had one, and yes old British electrics were a bit hit or miss, but...at least if you had a clue about electrics you could fix them, back then most of the electrics were pretty basic,

$kath in spitfire.jpg

You had a spitfire? I thought only girls had those. .

My Mother had one, and yes old British electrics were a bit hit or miss, but...at least if you had a clue about electrics you could fix them, back then most of the electrics were pretty basic,

View attachment 38872

My friend who has had about 6 of them now says that everyone he meets says "Oh my mother/sister had one of those." It was evidently a car that really was attractive to women, though frankly I always thought they were awesome little things and I'm a guy. *shrug* Maybe I'm not that manly. :)

That's an awesome pic. :)

Oh I actually have a jpeg of my baby...

29723_386562304422_7661404_n.jpg

lol You men and your cars. Do you think about any GF's like you think of the old cars....lol

lol You men and your cars. Do you think about any GF's like you think of the old cars....lol

I refuse to answer that on the grounds that my wife periodically reads the forums.

:lol:

I think about ex girlfriends quite often. It hurts but at the same time, the love is still there.

I don't think girls have the equivalent of the relationship a guy has w/ a car...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back