What's new

My sweet girl..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 26, 2011
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
524
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just practicing and since I don't have any willing human models in the house, I use my dog!! :mrgreen:

9780935041_3dbf5ce082_z.jpg


9768270164_d61247751c_z.jpg
 
What a beautiful dog :)

I really like the shots. Love the dof in the first shot and the second one I think is rally well-framed and sweet. Someone who does portraits might have comments on the lighting, but it looks fine to me.

I'm not usually a fan of tight crops, but I do wonder about the first one and proportion of space above and below the dog. I can't decide if the extra space above her head works or not, but it's probably because I'm on my netbook right now and the screen is too small to see the whole picture at once. What I did notice, though, when I was trying to look more closely at that first shot is that her paw is sitting right on the seam of two planks of wood and it looks almost like something is stuck in her paw. The seam also shows kind of brighter that the rest of the floor so it draws the eye down a little, especially since it's also next to your watermark. I'd say a bit of cloning?

Those are minor details, though.
 
What a beautiful dog :)

I really like the shots. Love the dof in the first shot and the second one I think is rally well-framed and sweet. Someone who does portraits might have comments on the lighting, but it looks fine to me.

I'm not usually a fan of tight crops, but I do wonder about the first one and proportion of space above and below the dog. I can't decide if the extra space above her head works or not, but it's probably because I'm on my netbook right now and the screen is too small to see the whole picture at once. What I did notice, though, when I was trying to look more closely at that first shot is that her paw is sitting right on the seam of two planks of wood and it looks almost like something is stuck in her paw. The seam also shows kind of brighter that the rest of the floor so it draws the eye down a little, especially since it's also next to your watermark. I'd say a bit of cloning?

Those are minor details, though.


Thank you for the feedback..:) I didn't even notice the seam by her paw, but now that I know it's there my eye is also drawn to it. I'll try cloning it.
 
Great captures, both of them, but of the two, #2 is the best IMHO. I just dont like the shallow DOF feel of the first one, feels blurry.
 
The second one is my favorite. Nice capture of a beautiful dog.
 
I have the same issue as well, Buddy the Westie props right up when take out my gear. The humans RUN...then they wonder why I have sooo many pictures of him

I LOVE YOUR DOG!!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom