My timing was impeccable!

Ramesses: Personally, the first thing I would do with the D40 is ditch that 18-55mm kit lens and find something else. The lens, from what I understand is completely made out of plastic, mount included.(with exception to the glass that makes it a lens)

Ramesses: Personally, the first thing I would do with the D40 is ditch that 18-55mm kit lens and find something else. The lens, from what I understand is completely made out of plastic, mount included.(with exception to the glass that makes it a lens)
Hi Smyth:

Thanks for your advice. I’m actually leaning very seriously torwards the 18-70 lens. I love that lens – I always did for some reason. I believe that the D40 would rock with the 18-70. In addition, and in my humble opinion, a 6MP suffers the most in telephoto shots. Beyond 70mm and especially without VR (which might be a different issue,) I do not know.

If I do (I’m still deciding but 75% sure) I will sell the kit lens on eBay. I believe that I might get ~ $100.00 for it. The problem is that that the sales rep form Nikon told me that the warranty is not transferable.

One guy is selling the D40 kit lens EDII. Same situation as mine – he upgraded to a 18-135. With 22+ hours left in the auction, the bidding is up to $91.00. What is interesting is that he showed no photos of either the front or back lenses – just the body with the cap on.

Thanks and best regards,

Ramesses

Most reactions

Back