MY try at a wet flower C&C please :]

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi folks got one up that I took the other dya forgot to post it last night let me know what you think. I would just like to say thanks and that I really appreciate the C&C that I recieve its great that I found a site that I can share my new love with but enough blabbering on with the show :D and thanks again all :p

wetflower.jpg

It's not the sharpest, a little soft. Flower pictures from above are...well flower pictures from above and not really favorable, especially when there isn't tremendous detail to see. Lighting isn't bad, and I do like the yellows, whites, and pinks in the ground, I think it would be better if it surrounded the entire frame.

I'm drawn immediately to the lower dead/dark pedal on the main flower. Then I took notice that the focus is very soft and bordering on oof.

Very soft focus and I think it needs some help with color/white balance and contrast. Seems a little underexposed to me. I agree with what was said about the eye being drawn to the dark dead petal. For some reason the big glob of water on the green leaf on the bottom of the main flower also bugs me. Its a nice effort though for a first stab at it. Did you artificially wet these flowers? Due to the glob of water it makes me think that it was actually raining or something ( and also would explain the dark tone to the pic )

The focus falls behind the main flower on the leaf but even so is not sharp. Perhaps it is the result of motion blur either by wind-tossed subject or camera shake. Your EXIF data is blocked so it is difficult to help.

It actually just finished raining and I thought it would be a nice shot. I don't know hiw the exif data got blocked I didn't block it lol will post it up when I get to a real computer and not my iPod lol I had my S1500 on aperature priority if that helps

Most reactions

Back