What's new

My watches

I bought that watch a long time ago .. I have no idea on it's worth or lack of worth. Of course, no where near a Rolex unless it was one of those Chinese made Rolexes. :lmao:
 
ok, I did a quick setup this morning. And I'm going to hijack your thread with beautiful watches to show a Citizen Moon Watch. It's not the way I want it but it was quick and dirty. My next investment is 2 light stands and umbrellas/diffuers which seems to be really needed. It still needs work to fully illuminate the face with no shadows / reflections but it's close. I grabbed an old crankarm as a technical prop.

Basically, Find some foam or other flexible material that you can cut, shape and put into the middle of the watch. You could even cut it in a circle to get the exact shape that you want. But this gives you an idea.

I also want to add one of these arms allows one to get much closer to the object you are photographing. vanguard makes tripods that are based on a fully adjustable arm too.
Promaster Tripod Accessory Tilt Arm | eBay

BELOW: The foam material I had laying around.
View attachment 56537
BELOW: cut up foam material to the lengths that I wanted. Could also have cut out a circle to insert into the watch band
View attachment 56538
Used my pocket POS to take a pic of the setup. One flash on either side, camera in the middle and the whiteboard with the subject.
View attachment 56539
BELOW: side look at watch with inserts
View attachment 56540
BELOW: final picture with 50mm f/1.8
View attachment 56542
BELOW: Cropped image
View attachment 56541

Now I got it, all I need to do now is find some foam and a pair of scissors.
Thanks :)

That moonface Citizen is a beauty! :heart:
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought that watch a long time ago .. I have no idea on it's worth or lack of worth. Of course, no where near a Rolex unless it was one of those Chinese made Rolexes. :lmao:

Its not about the value of the watch but how happy it makes you.
Do you feel happy with your D7000 ?
Or are you sad you dont have aD800 ?

I am sure you love your camera and thats all that matters.
As I said I think your watch is gorgeous, I have seen it in the past and always liked its look!
 
Yes, I love looking at that watch. It's just awesome to me.

I love my D7000 too. I (and my 4 yr old laptop) probably would not be happy with the D800 for post processing RAW files. For JPEG I can see I (and my laptop) would be happy and it's durability and weather sealed body. But until the RAW is adjustable file size comes down a bit no D800 for me. I'm looking at a D600/D610 or maybe a discounted D700. But I'm in no rush now anyways as my skills are no where near where I want them to be even if much improved from 6 months ago.

I wouldn't mind having this Citizen, model 300 with the moon phases all around it.
http://www.ablogtowatch.com/citizen-astrodea-stargazing-watch-collection/
would make a neat long exposure ...
 
Yes, I love looking at that watch. It's just awesome to me.

I love my D7000 too. I (and my 4 yr old laptop) probably would not be happy with the D800 for post processing RAW files. For JPEG I can see I (and my laptop) would be happy and it's durability and weather sealed body. But until the RAW is adjustable file size comes down a bit no D800 for me. I'm looking at a D600/D610 or maybe a discounted D700. But I'm in no rush now anyways as my skills are no where near where I want them to be even if much improved from 6 months ago.

I wouldn't mind having this Citizen, model 300 with the moon phases all around it.
Citizen Astrodea Stargazing Watch Collection | aBlogtoWatch
would make a neat long exposure ...
Wow what a stunning watch and such an afordable price for such a unique design, I really like it!!!
You got good taste :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom