My website is up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you serious...? Run your mouse over the leaves.

I thought the same thing, you need to have your navigation more obvious, keep in mind that anyone that can't work out how to use a site in a few seconds will usually give up and look elsewhere.

Scurra said:
I thought the same thing, you need to have your navigation more obvious, keep in mind that anyone that can't work out how to use a site in a few seconds will usually give up and look elsewhere.

I had to come back to this thread to figure it out too. Actually, I almost left before the leaves even appeared. This sort of effect might be cool on another page, once you've lured someone into your site, but your opening page should be obvious and to the point. You need to hook them in the first second or two. Many times I'll click away from a site after waiting only 5 seconds for the front page to load (and I'm on cable). It's better to go simple and fast.

Haha wow. I've now showed over 20 people on another forum and not a single person was confused. Perhaps this forum is just less computer-skilled?

Ah well, forget it. I'll stick with my feedback from over there.

No more feedback thank you.

EJBPhoto said:
Haha wow. I've now showed over 20 people on another forum and not a single person was confused. Perhaps this forum is just less computer-skilled?

Ah well, forget it. I'll stick with my feedback from over there.

No more feedback thank you.

Chill out mate. No need to go in a mood just because people have an opinion?

I admit, the navigation and usabilt on your site is not very good, but it is a nice site design..

Grow up mate, stop being so childish :grumpy:

I'd write some smart alec reply, but I can't figure out this new fangled computational device.

You think what I said was childish? My apologies then. I simply was feeling upset about ONLY getting negative replies and nothing but, so I figured it'd be best for my morale to ask for no more feedback. I had the website deisgned for me, can no longer change it, and comments saying the entire thing needs to be reworked is not helpful to me as I can not economically do that.

I wanted to keep what I said simple in order to end the thread completel. My apologies if you saw my reply as "childish", when in fact I was just trying to be conclusive.

Ps. The other forum i showed it to is a website of computer gurus. They are clearly big into HTML design, and therefore probably do get more complicated websites more. That comment was just a consideration I had, and if it offended you it wasn't meant to.

EJBPhoto said:
I had the website deisgned for me, can no longer change it, and comments saying the entire thing needs to be reworked is not helpful to me as I can not economically do that.

Then why didn't you say that you were only interested in positive feedback, and not honesty?

Here's some more bad news, you need to get your photos scanned better. People will not overlook bad scans; they will think that's what your photographs actually look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back